Joy of Cooking 75th Anniversary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got the same one for Christmas and I love it! (The chocolate chip cookie recipe is awesome and the cookies are wonderful for making ice cream sandwiches!) ;)

I admit to being one of the handful of folks who prefer the All New Joy of Cooking, but I still have the 75th anniversary edition on my shelf. It has several recipes and a section or two quite different and requested by readers and users. Simply a DANG GOOD COOKBOOK.

As far as I can tell, the newer versions have new recipes mixed in with the older recipes. The majority of the books are the same. There's a note on the chocolate chip cookie recipe I love in JOC 75th Anniv. which states it's from the wartime edition in the '40s. :)

My edition of Joy was given to me in 1991 on my 20th birthday by my Grandma. The latest copyright date listed is 1975.

Like many other's, I consider Joy the "bible" of cookbooks. However, I don't hesitate to look online for recipe's or info. On the other hand, there are tried and true's as well as basic's that I always go back to Joy for!

I have the 1975 edition. I wonder if anyone can tell me what the differences are in the newer updated versions. Thanks!

There have been eight editions. I have the 75th anniversary edition (2006) which is the most recent. Yours is the 6th edition. There are some different recipes and info in different editions although the majority is the same. Fir example, the wartime edition from the 40s has information on how to ration and stretch the food budget.

About Joy of Cooking

You must have had a great book. I have seen a reprint or say an upgarded version of this book. It has high sales on Amazon and I love the cover. I only sampled through the content once but never read it in entirety.

my Dad has an older version and the new one.
I begged him not to throw the old one....
for some reason they took out the swiss steak recipe in the new one.
That is the best one I ever had!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom