Looking for a cookbook!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deyyanira9

Assistant Cook
ok, i had this cookbook that was GREAT!!! I cannot remember the title of it for the life of me cause I was always so engrossed in the recipes!!

I remember what it looks like though, please help me identify it! I believe my husband threw it out and I am devastated because I CANNOT find it!!

The cook book:
was in a blue binder
had tabs in it with it different sections (deserts, poultry, breads, etc)
like a binder, you could snap it open and take out pages...

and that is all i remember :(

I bought it at Marshall's which I am sure can be found almost anywhere but in case that helps any. Does anyone have this book or know which one I am talking about?

All I need is the title so that I can get myself another one! It had a great recipe for lasagna that used no cook noodles and cream cheese....mmm...

PLEASE HELP!!

A blue binder? That throws me. Both Betty Crocker and Better Homes and Gardens fit the description otherwise, but BC is usually bright red, and BH&G is usually a red checked cover.

Ugh I wish I saw this earlier. I just got back from the bookstore and I picked up a blue binder cookbook, but it was sealed so I couldnt look at it. I want to say it was Americas Test Kitchen but I could def be wrong.

I found it online!!! OMG!!! the cooking gods have heard my prayer!!!! LOL

it is a TASTE OF HOME!!! Taste of Home Winning Recipes, Vol. 2 | Shop Taste of Home

IT IS THE 1ST EDITION THOUGH. The recipe i was looking for is creamy beef lasagna. :) Try it is delicious. I used NO BAKE noodles and it was a total breeze to make!!!

Thank you to all that replied! I was going crazy for this recipe and book. I am going to make husband buy me a new one! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you found it!
This reminded me of lines from an old W. C. Fields movie....
"Perhaps you've read my book on the evils of wagering?"
"NO."
"It has a blue cover. Perhaps that will recall it to your mind."

Super Search

Wow that was some find, with not too much to go on. Was it andy that helped inspire you?
Its really getting into lasange weather now. I like to add a bit of chopped up bacon into the mix too!

I dont know what how i found it...I just kept looking online, it is like i couldnt go and do anything, all I was thinking of was this book!! lol

mmm bacon sounds good. I am making it for dinner tomorrow, i am going to add the bacon! thank you all for your posts!

As a "newbie" to REAL cooking (from scratch) I find "The Joy Of Cooking" to be "my speed." (I suppose that's sorta like saying I want to be a Painter, and I want to learn from Bob Ross, but anyway...........)

-Nutmegger1957

I love to read Culinary, memoirs,or biographies, about Chefs, Cooks, etc. I haven't found a new one recently. Last one I read was ''Restaurant Man'' by Joe Bastianich [Lydias son and partner along with Mario Batali] It was excellent.It also showed although it is certainly a asset to have your family in the restaurant business, how much harder you have to work because so much is expected of you. Most family business were built old school on blood, sweat, and tears. Also read ''Yes Chef'' by Marcus Samuelsson with a completely different spin on how he became a chef owner of a famous restaurant. Read anything new and interesting? I would Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks mysterychef

I know this is an old thread, but the lasagne recipe she was looking for sounded so good to me, I did a search and found the recipe! I'm going to try it! Since my husband hates when I change my recipes, I'm probably going to get yelled at for it! LOL He'll get over it!

Carol

Creamy Beef Lasagna

Last edited by a moderator:
I love to read Culinary, memoirs,or biographies, about Chefs, Cooks, etc. I haven't found a new one recently. Last one I read was ''Restaurant Man'' by Joe Bastianich [Lydias son and partner along with Mario Batali] It was excellent.It also showed although it is certainly a asset to have your family in the restaurant business, how much harder you have to work because so much is expected of you. Most family business were built old school on blood, sweat, and tears. Also read ''Yes Chef'' by Marcus Samuelsson with a completely different spin on how he became a chef owner of a famous restaurant. Read anything new and interesting? I would Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks mysterychef

I recently finished "The Devil in the Kitchen" by Marco Pierre White, who trained Gordon Ramsey. I enjoyed it. I've also liked all of Anthony Bourdain's books, both fiction and nonfiction.

I know this is an old thread, but the lasagne recipe she was looking for sounded so good to me, I did a search and found the recipe! I'm going to try it! Since my husband hates when I change my recipes, I'm probably going to get yelled at for it! LOL He'll get over it!

Carol

Creamy Beef Lasagna

Good thing he's not my DH, I never make anything the same twice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom