Looking For This Particular Cookbook.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corey123

Washing Up
Does anyone know where I can get this particulr cookbook from?:ermm:

The title of it is called The Professional Chef. It's a big thick heavy book used by professional chefs, but I believe that it IS available for purchase by the general public.:)

It's also expensive, costing about $70.00 or so. But I'm willing to pay thatmuch for it, for it has a wealth of cooking info in it, such as the five mother sauces. :chef:

Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

~Corey123.

marmalady said:
Check online at Jessica's Biscuit - I think their addy is www.ecookbooks.com

I'd also check Amazon - you might be able to get a used one for less $$.[/quote

Thanks!! I found it at Jessica's Biscuit!!

It IS cheaper there - $20.00 cheaper to be exact. The earlier editions, I think, are even cheaper!

But I need the 8th edition which is the latest. But I also forgot about Cooking.com. They also sell cookbooks. I'll look there and see if it's any cheaper. Thanks again for your help!!:cool:

~Corey123.

SizzlininIN said:
Did you check Ebay? I was having trouble finding a particular one and eventually I found one on there.

Thanks, but I just ordered it from Jessica Biscuit.com. They are right in Newton, MA., so it might come sooner than 14 days.:)

Cooking.com has it also, but they are out of stock on both the hardcover and the paperback formats!! The paperback version is $20.00, but has only 275 pages.:ermm:

So, the harcover is better because it has over 1,200 pages! Thanks again for your help!!:chef:

~Corey123.

Do you mean the CIA Professional Chef book?
Should sell on eBay for about $35 or so, plus shipping. I have sold them on there for about that much.
Nice book!
~mouse

mouse said:
Do you mean the CIA Professional Chef book?
Should sell on eBay for about $35 or so, plus shipping. I have sold them on there for about that much.
Nice book!
~mouse

I ordered it and found out the the website it was ordered from won't have it in stock until next month!!

~Corey123.

This is a widely available book. I would be surprised if you couldn't find it at Amazon, as well as at big bookstores like B and N . I did see it advertized for cheap in the Jessica catalog and it would make me mad if it wasn't in stock!

I have had one for many years and I still read it all the time. It's probably the best readily accessable technical resource book I have seen.

Jessica DIDN'T have it. At first when I orfdered it, there was no indication that it wasn't in stock. I waited a month for it to arrive. When I called them, that is when they told me that it wasn't in stock!! I was pissed after waiting all that time and finding that out!!!

Cooking.com doesn't have the latest one either. Didn't try B&N yet. I thought they'd be out of it also.

~Corey123.

Last edited:
Corey123 said:
Jessica DIDN'T have it. At first when I orfdered it, there was no indication that it wasn't in stock. I waited a month for it to arrive. When I called them, that is when they told me that it wasn't in stock!! I was pissed after waiting all that time!!!

Cooking.com doesn't have the latest one either. Didn't try B&N yet. I thought they'd be out of it also.

~Corey123.

Amazon says 8th edition hasn't been released yet, so that's probably why it's impossible to find.

"Availability: This item has not yet been released. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. "

I saw JB advertizing but that must have been 7th edition.

Corey123 said:
I ordered it and found out the the website it was ordered from won't have it in stock until next month!!

~Corey123.

I think some booksellers sell stock they don't have on hand. On eBay these people usually have thousands of books for sale. That is often a clue.
GoodCook book club offers it for about $50. Still more than I would spend.
Have you added the eBay search to your favorites so they will email you when one becomes available?
~mouse

Why in the Sam Hill do they do that?

That is very annoying when I could have looked someplace else in the meantime! It wastes my time and theirs.

Target is also notorious for doing that! I will not deal with Jessica Biscuit in the future because of that! I'll look someplace else.

~Corey123.

Thank you ever so much for doing that!! I owe you one.

Just try to get a box just big enough for it to fit in, tape it closed and write the addresses on it. Bring it to the post office so that they can weight it and charge you accordingly. Thanks.

~Corey123.

Corinne said:
Corey has a copy coming to him - as soon as we can figure out how to get it packaged up correctly & sent out to him. :) The thing is heavy!!!

The 8th edition?

Usually Amazon is good about getting things out immediately and they say it hasn't been released yet.

Jessica's Biscuit says: The Professional Chef, 8th Edition
by Culinary Institute of America
Hardcover - 1232 pages Not yet released by the publisher.
Anticipated Release Date: August 2006. You may pre-order this title.

If you have an early release, can I have one too?? Seriously!:chef:

I forgot about them.

And I was just there the day before yesterday and ordered a set of Godzilla movies!!

~Corey123.

Back
Top Bottom