"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cooking Resources > Cookbooks, Software etc.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:06 PM   #11
Everymom

I really enjoyed the magazine I got, but I guess I'm spoiled by this site and I'm not going to pay for anything like that on the web.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:13 PM   #12
Senior Cook

Location: NJ for the moment, heading south next spring to be with my family.
Who neds to pay for a cooking site when you've got US?????

Old 03-24-2008, 05:54 PM   #13
Senior Cook

Red face Mag - Maybe; Web - Maybe Not

Yea, looking at the website today I would not pay for that. But I'll try a few more recipes from Fine Cooking's Jan issue. If they turn out as positive as the Pork Loin, maybe I'll spring for a year subscription - go nuts.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:18 PM   #14
Master Chef

I don't know about anywhere else, but here we take our old magazines down to the library if we don't want them around anymore. They don't have much of a budget and always appreciate them.
When we used to get the newspaper we would take them down to the senior center for them to read.
The only ones we wont give away are the Smithsonian, National Geographic, and one of DW's gardening magazines. I forget which one, the other one she can't give away fast enough.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:46 PM   #15
Master Chef

IMHO - it's ludicrous for a magazine with a website to charge you for accessing the website if you are subscribing to the magazine! That is the problem I have with America's Test Kitchen/Cook's Illustrated.

I am soooo proud of myself .... I have only purchased one cooking magazine that I perused while standing in line at the grocery store in the past year ... but, hey, it was the "Paula Deen's Special Collector's Issue" of Quick & Easy Meals - although Souther Living has tempted me like the Sirens a couple of times ... but like Orpheus was able to escape their luring song by thinking of all the recipes I already had that I had not tried.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:12 PM   #16
Senior Cook

Wink Resistance Down

You're a better man than me Michael Ftw. I've been a sucker myself for Giada. Her cookbook on everyday Italian is a good one, though.

Hook 'em!
Old 04-03-2008, 09:32 AM   #17
Assistant Cook

I have heard many people talk about it but I never persoanlly subscribed. I find it amusing to sign up especialy when it is a paid service. I can obtain the same recipes and cooking tips for free around the net.
cookinghomefood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:34 PM   #18
Senior Cook

Thumbs up Taste of Home magazine subscriber

I have tried subscriptions to several cooking magazines but now I only subscribe to TASTE OF HOME.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:29 PM   #19
Executive Chef

Cooking Light is a very good magazine. And that's coming from a person that hates magazines. I don't even subscribe to dirtbike mags.

Anyway, Cooking Light has tons of recipes each issue. Check their site for free copies.