Marlboro Cook Like A Man Cookbook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
Anyone have this cookbook? What recipes have you tried? I'm thinking about trying the JK's Original Western Wings.......they look so good.

It's not exactly a collector's item -- currently there are 20 copies available on eBay for as little as 50 cents to $3.95 (plus shipping).

Personally, I wouldn't want it because of it's source -- big tobacco.

I'm not looking for the cookbook......I have it already. Just wanted to see if anyone else has it and if they've tried this recipe.

Personally, as a former smoker I don't think this forum is a place to get into whether we support smoking or not. Its just going to cause people to debate and tempers to flare.

I don't have THAT cookbook, but I do have 2 versions of The Marlboro Country Cookbooks; Towns, Trails and Special Times, Morning Fires, Evening Lights. I was fortunate enough to have a sister working for the printing company :) . Our friend Lorraine has made several of the recipes.

BlueCat said:
Did someone say it was a collector's item? I don't think I have that one. Can you post a recipe?

BC

No its not a collectors item...........I think fryboy was being smug (at least thats how I took it). Its just a cookbook I came across in my fathers estate and I saw this recipe and it sounded really good and was curious if anyone had tried it before. I'll share the recipe and hopefully I can make it myself soon and let you know. There are some wonderful sounding recipes in this cookbook that I do plan to try out.

bjcotton....how do you like the other cookbooks?

Clean and rinse the chicken and pat it dry with a paper towel. Cut the wing joint to have 2 pieces and put the pieces in a large resealable plastic bag. In a bowl add in 1 cup soy sauce, 1 (12 oz) jar apricot preserves, 2 minded cloves of garlic, 1 Tbsp fresh minced ginger or 1 tsp ginger powder. Mix well and pour into bag and massage it around all the chicken to get them all coated well. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight. Remove chicken from bag and Grill on medium heat. (Discard the marinade). Grill for 25 minutes, turning once, until the skin is crisp and juices run clear. Makes 8 servings.

This is the inscription in the front of my book:

Somewhere, there's an endless plain,
with new fires bringing pots of coffee to the boil.
And where a bright cafe window is the first light of day.
Somewhere, there are cookhouses working towards noon.
Their tables scrubbed, their big pots filled and ready.

And somewhere, later on,
ranch kitchens, cabins, and range camps will fill
with people and easy conversation.

Because this is Marlboro Country.

A place where the horizons are endless.
The mountains are timeless.
A place where the rivers run forever.
And these recipes are its stories.

I love my book. Last time I checked, used copies of mine were selling for about $90.00 CDN.

Last edited:
I have morning fires -- but would love to have the others! On the Marlboro Site right now they have recipes to download from The Master's Manual: Fix Food Like a Man -- I am just curious how to get them

Anyone have this cookbook? What recipes have you tried? I'm thinking about trying the JK's Original Western Wings.......they look so good.

Yes, I have tried this recipe and do recomend it. I have 4 or 5 cookbooks from Marlboro and find all the recipes to my likeing.

well then....does anyone know the publisher....so I can try to find copies of these cookbooks?

Thanks...I did go there first...no luck
Then I checked my Morning Fires Evening Lights Book....searched, but no publisher(?) -- guess I'll wait and see if they give out as 'gifts' some day!!!

Back
Top Bottom