McCall's Cookbook, found a treasure!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CarolPa

Executive Chef
I have been looking for an old 1963 McCalls cookbook for my collection. I've seen some for sale online, but with shipping, they were more than I wanted to pay. Yesterday, I found one at Goodwill for $2. It is in near perfect condition, still has the dust cover which has a little tear in it. The binding is still tight and there is not a mark in the book. It looks like the person never used it. It is not a first edition, but that was not important to me. I was so excited when I saw it I wanted to holler and scream, but people frown on that. It doesn't take much to make me happy.

Wow! I love old cook books. Is there a specific recipe you're going to try? Hey, does anyone remember the paper dolls in McCall's? I couldn't wait to see what Betsy McCall was wearing. Those were the good old days, huh?

What a great find, Carol. Especially since it's in such good condition!

Shelly...I had forgotten all about the McCall's paper dolls until now! I used to love them! :)

Love to go to garage sales and also book fairs where people donate books,
always find a lot of interesting reading.
Paper Dolls I remember them - many hours of entertainment.

I remember the Betsy McCall paper dolls. They were fun. No one plays paper dolls anymore. Or jacks. Or jump rope. Or hopscotch. Or dodge ball. Or Spud.

Great find Carol! Whatcha gonna cook?

I too remember Betsy McCall, my sister and I spent countless hours cutting out and playing with those paper dolls! It was a treat only to be had at "Nannie's" house.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom