New Bon Appetit cookbook coming out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KathyJ

Senior Cook
might be worth checking out...

The Bon Appetit Cookbook

Bibliographic Data: Hardcover, 816 Pages, Wiley, John & Sons, Incorporated, August 2006

Author: Fairchild, Barbara / Bon Appetit Staff

List Price: $34.95

from Borders bookstore:
As subscribers to this 50-year-old publication know, on the culinary magazine rack, Bon Appétit takes a middle postion between magazines geared toward speed and convenience for the hungry and harried and those catering to readers with the time and know-how to tackle a complex dish. Bon Appétit has carved out a flavorful niche for recipes that are innovative and adventurous, yet straighforward and easy to replicate in the home kitchen.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Gathered in this illustrated volume are 1200 recipes, as well as color photos, tips, techniques, and suggested equipment for the home cook. From brunch fare to condiments to candy, an approachable tone, choice ingredients, and easy-to-follow directions will make preparation less a feat of culinary endurance and more an eagerly anticipated cooking adventure.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
mb_spacer.gif
mb_redarrow.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Recipe: Roast Turkey with Herb Rub and Shiitake Mushroom Gravy[/FONT]
mb_redarrow.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Recipe: Fettucine Bolognese[/FONT]
mb_redarrow.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Recipe: Chocolate Cake with Caramel-Milk Chocolate Frosting[/FONT]

Last edited:
Is this the one that offers a year's free subscription to Bon Appetit when you buy the book?

Half Baked said:
Is this the one that offers a year's free subscription to Bon Appetit when you buy the book?

I didn't see anything about that from Borders....

I just wonder what they consider as their best and favorite recipes... I've looked at some of their previous compilation cookbooks and usually don't like the recipes they have in them. I do like their magazine though. Go figure.
Guess I pick the "other" recipes!!
(based on that jennyema, I'd keep the mags!)

Back
Top Bottom