"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cooking Resources > Cookbooks, Software etc.

Old 11-08-2008, 10:42 AM   #11
Master Chef

there you go, GG, I do do the same.........have recipes on the back of some oil summit 5 years ago...............only good thing that ever came out of it................:):)

Old 11-09-2008, 05:07 PM   #12
Master Chef

I also bought two large photo albums and have stuck recipes in the places where you normally place the photos.............it started out neat or organized but over the years I have collected more recipes and everything is shoved in the album to be sifted thru...........when I say I write recipes on the back of this or that envelope I'm not kidding...........their is one of my favorites on the back of some oil summit 6 years ago

Old 11-11-2008, 12:33 AM   #13
Assistant Cook

You can make your own ecookbook. Just copy and paste into a word document. You could divide it up however you want to. Would be great to be able to send you favorites to friends and family. David.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:18 AM   #14
Assistant Cook

A friend of mine made her own cookbooks to hand out to friends. She made 15 copies of each page...drew her own art...took photos and enlarged for the cover..she covered that with the clear contact paper and had handwrote a special message to the person she was giving that cookbook to. She punched holes in it where it could fit into a notebook if a person wanted, and used those holes to bind it together. A very heartwarming gift that she ended up regretting cause she never could top that one years later even lol