Recipe Site for the main ingredient you want to cook?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ncage1974

Senior Cook
I'm sure a lot of you are like me. You are at a grocery store and something is ultra cheap so you buy a ton of it. Over a period of a year your freezer (even if you have a deep freeze) gets fuller and fuller and fuller until you tell yourself that you HAVE to use some of the stuff that you have in the freezer. This is where my question comes in. Is there a good recipe site that you guys can recommend that you can search for recipes by the main ingrediant you want to use up? Say you couple of briskets, or a skirt steak, or a pork loin or whatever. I definitly need a good site like this to help me dwindle the supply in my freezer :).

thanks,
ncage

I used to do it all the time when I was raising kids. I was pretty good at rotating things in the freezer, though, and darned good at making a meal out of what I had on hand.

In answer to your question about a web site, just Google "brisket recipes", or what have you. You'll come up with more recipes than you can shake a stick at.

Last edited:
AllRecipes.com is the 1st place I would go. They have an ingredient search. What I like most about their site is the recipe reviews/ratings. Look for a recipe with 4 or 5 stars & then read the reviews - people who review the recipes have a lot of great ideas on how to make the recipe even better!

I google first, then use the search facilities on DC, and other food sites if available.

Like Constance says - you'll be busy for a week searching through all the resources!!

I would suggest that you first try the search function in DC first, after all this is what you have signed up for, failing which, post your question in the forum for the members to assist you. If you do not get any fruitful result, proceed to google for the appropriate websites.

Yep, ncage, we got a new fridge and put the old one in the basement, and now both are full.

Anyway, I agree with boufa. Give us a try. Here there are a number of professional chefs and cooks, many talented amateurs and a few hacks like me, whom, I am sure, would love a chance to toss in some ideas.

Give us an ingredient or two and see how we do.

Everyone will have some fun and who knows, you might find it productive.

Take care.

Most recipe sites have a search function where you can enter an ingredient and get a list of all the recipes referencing that ingredient. We have that here, give it a try.

The trick is not to be too restrictive. If you get too many responses, you can always pare them down.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom