Sauces by James Peterson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fcrosson

Assistant Cook
I'm interested in getting a book that's only about sauces, and this is the one I've been looking at.
I'd like to know what the appropriate sauce or sauces would be in a given situation, and be able to produce it without spending a lot of time comparing recipes from different sources.
Is anyone familiar Peterson's book, or perhaps have other suggestions.
Thanks.
Fred

Excellent book! Good choice. It's considered by many to be the top authority on the subject. (or one of the top authorities)

I've been meaning to learn how to make sauces for ages...

Can anyone tell me if Peterson's and Trotter's books use metric or American measures?

Best regards,
Alex R.

Both Petersen and Trotter are excellent. In their American editions they use our standard mesurements. The UK edition would be metric I'm sure.

Thanks for the input everyone.
Ironchef, I'm not familiar With Charlie Trotter's work. Is there a book that deals more sauces than the others?
Thanks.

I have Peterson's Sauces book and it's excellent. I would recommend any of his books (I also have his Soups and Seafood books) to anyone who really wants indepth knowledge.

I don't think Charlie Trotter has a book specifically on sauces. I have one of his cookbooks and like it a lot, but it's not as focused.

When i was first hired as a grill cook/saucier, my chef at the time gave me that book and told me to read it even if i knew every sauce and how to make it perfectly. I did and learned so much from it and now ask that all of my cooks read throught it

Back
Top Bottom