Swiss cookbook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Siegal

Sous Chef
I would like a Swiss cookbook ( I'm old school I like books) with pictures (important). Or a combined book on Switzerland, Germany, Liechtenstein, ie that area of Europe. Any suggestions?

If you can read German, one of my favorites is Das beste Dr. Oetker Kochbuch. The pictures are lovely, the recipes and instructions well done.

I don't have it, but The Swiss Cookbook (Hippocrene International Cookbooks) by Nika Standen Hazelton gets good reviews, as does the Little Swiss Cookbook by Jacqueline Martinet. Both can be had in used hardcover very cheap through Amazon. Search SWISS COOKBOOK in Amazon's book section. I do not know about illustrations in either. Nor do I know about illustrations in Schweizer Küche. Swiss Cooking - Cuisine Suisse, which is written in three languages in one book, also very cheap used through Amazon.

There's another "Swiss Cookbook," this one by Betty Bossi, that does have lots of photos. It's also available through Amazon but NOT all that cheap.

Thanks. I ended up ordering the Bossi book for 25$ on amazon. Tonight I am making zurcher geschnetzeltes from a Internet recipe. We shall see....

Docktor Oekter was the founder of the company. Ironically, when my uncle practiced law, Dr. Oekter was one of his clients...so Dr. Oekter was / is a real human (I don't know if he is still alive--my uncle handled some of the company affairs about 30 years ago...) and yes, there are products. I guess it would be similar to Pillsbury...the Pillsbury company family founded the business, but there are Pillsbury products besides Pillsbury cookbooks (for many years, I wanted to be a Pillsbury test kitchen cook--a friend's mom did that and she made the best cookies!).

Back
Top Bottom