"The Nasty Bits" - Anthony Bourdain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BreezyCooking

Washing Up
Just finished it & really liked it. Almost more than "Kitchen Confidential".

I particularly liked his afterscripts about how/when the different bits were written. Had me going back & rereading them & understanding them better from his then-current point of view.

Great book.

yay I was hoping there was a post for this book- I just ordered it. I have become a No Reservations junkie, and decided I liked him enough to give his book a read! Any more opinions on this from anyone? :)

Just finished it a short while ago. Initially I was really put off by his writing style. It struck me as pretty raw and brash. After I accepted that, I enjoyed the book. I don't think he'll ever be accused of being too bland and wishy-washy. He seems to be a pretty high energy guy.

Buck said:
Just finished it a short while ago. Initially I was really put off by his writing style. It struck me as pretty raw and brash. After I accepted that, I enjoyed the book. I don't think he'll ever be accused of being too bland and wishy-washy. He seems to be a pretty high energy guy.

I think the same- but oddly, he seems like a very "tasteful" person, and always "rounds" off an otherwise easily misunderstood comment/ opinion by his genuine mannerisms and body language. Now if Andrew Zimmern were repeating him verbatim, I feel I would want to find the nearest cliff to jump off of. :LOL:

I am in the process of reading the nasty bits and I do think kitchen confidential was better however nasty bits is still a great book so far.

Back
Top Bottom