"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cooking Resources > Cookbooks, Software etc.

Old 08-15-2011, 06:46 AM   #21
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Claire, is this it? Amazon.com: The Romagnolis' Table: Italian Family Recipes (9780316755627): Margaret Romagnoli: Books

Also, whenever you hit a key and your typing disappears, just do CTRL-Z to bring it back (that's UNDO). It should work in most ways.
First of all, yes, that is the cookbook. It is where my husband learned to make pasta and I learned to make pesto. I don't think I've lost it, I have hundreds of cook books and it is one I'd least be likely to part with.

Secondly, thank you for the hint about disappearing text. I wrote it down and I'm sure I'll use it. I just wish I knew what I was doing to make this happen.

Old 08-15-2011, 06:47 AM   #22
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
First of all, yes, that is the cookbook. It is where my husband learned to make pasta and I learned to make pesto. I don't think I've lost it, I have hundreds of cook books and it is one I'd least be likely to part with.

Secondly, thank you for the hint about disappearing text. I wrote it down and I'm sure I'll use it. I just wish I knew what I was doing to make this happen.
Are you using a laptop? They seem to be sensitive to mystery moves.

Old 08-15-2011, 06:53 AM   #23
Master Chef

Oh, if anyone is looking for an odd-ball cook book and likes thrift stores and old used book stores (one of my favorite sources for old cookbooks), keep an eye out for "Bull Cook and Authentic Historical Recipes and Practices by the Herters. (George Leonard Herter and Berthe E. Herter) It is truly fun. I've never used it to actually cook anything, but the writers are so opinionated and absolutely amusing. Mom gave it to me and I don't know who in the heck gave it to her (I'll have to ask the next time I call). I gather that once , if not still, there was a restaurant run by this couple.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:58 AM   #24
Master Chef

No, it isn't a laptop, but it is a newer keyboard and even Computer Guy (who really knows his stuff) can't quite figure out what key I hit (it is definitely my right pinkie finger) that makes all dissappear. I think laptop will come in my near immediate future. Meant to do it years ago.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:13 AM   #25
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
People cooked.

I love you, Aunt Bea.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:31 PM   #26
Head Chef

I ran across a cookbook called The Mayberry Cookbook or something like that. It has some fairly good recipes in it... But the best parts are the quotes from the show (the andy griffith show) and a few reads about some of the characters. It's a good one to have in your collection...
Old 08-31-2011, 12:35 PM   #27
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusnikki View Post
I ran across a cookbook called The Mayberry Cookbook or something like that. It has some fairly good recipes in it... But the best parts are the quotes from the show (the andy griffith show) and a few reads about some of the characters. It's a good one to have in your collection...
That is a fun cookbook and the recipes are very good even though the names get a little hokie.

They issued another one with only desserts also very good.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:37 PM   #28
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
That is a fun cookbook and the recipes are very good even though the names get a little hokie.

They issued another one with only desserts also very good.

Yea, the title of some of the recipes would give you a chuckle. I didn't know they have a dessert one. I'll have to check out..
Old 01-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #29
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I love " Fix-it and Forget-it Cookbook - Feasting With Your Slow Cooker" by Ranck and Good. I bought it at one of my school's cheap book sales, and it's a compilation of TNT recipes. Much stained and well used.
Oh Dawgluver I'm so glad to hear that. I just ordered that cookbook from Second Time Around for $4. It's on its way, now I'm REALLY excited about getting it!
Old 01-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #30
Executive Chef

I love old cookbooks. I have a Fannie Farmer, American Women's, The Art of Fine Baking, many old bound books that I always reach for first....

Tags
cookbooks