What cooking magazines do you subscribe to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I get Taste of Home (plus their email newsletter), Quick Cooking, and Cooking Pleasures. I love them all, but the first two especially are very down-to-earth, by and for ordinary everyday people.

:) Barbara

heres a blast from the past everyone.
I want to recommend Food Arts Magazine. It has recipes, interviews, A Who´s Who and Who´s Going Where sections. Best of all........ITS FREE FREE FREE!!! It asks some questions about the establishment you work in but just embelish those.....
Food Arts at the restaurants and hotel forefront
ENJOY!

In Ontario, I pick up the free magazine from our liquor store. It's called Food and Drink ( I think!) and is free at our LCBO's. What a great magazine!

I'm an internet junkie and buy no cooking magazines. I do buy cookbooks, but tend to use them for ideas with other ethnic cuisine. I do read cookbooks, and tend toward those with more cultural and ingredient orientation than recipes. The recipes come from the internet, and I will use several to get a general idea, and than combine them and experiment.

Cook's

Cook's Illustrated. Lot's of technique related stuff & product evaluations (foods or cookware)

I read Quick Cooking and some of the Taste of Home magazines and the yearly cookbook, because my little sister was editor of QC and now she free lances some work there. I had a recipe in QC but because I make everything from scratch, my recipe was the old fashioned way of making Corned beef and cabbage--boiled dinner, and the feature was how to revamp an old recipe into something quicker. It was at least 5 years ago. I like that Reiman publications don't have ads (or at least didn't).
I have to say that I get most of my recipes on the internet now and my inspiration too. I like seeing pictures, it helps me see how I want it to turn out. ~Bliss

I receive Kraft's magazine, it often has great quick new ideas, perfect for busy families or low maintenance entertaining.
I use to receive Gourmet Magazine but they started piling up too much, now I just go on their site to browse recipes.

I get Bon Apetit and Gourmet, both of which were gifts.

The only one I pay for (and actually read) is Cook's Illustrated.

I think I'm going to go to the library and start borrowing magazines and scanning
recipes. why you may ask----My husband says, I am creating a fire hazzard.
So this last winter, I started scanning recipes I planned on keeping for myself
and putting them into photo albums, that will stay clean. I am also a stamper/scrapper, so I'm decorating the pages. Now, my magazines are disappearing,
so don't want to pile up more; but do subscribe to Taste of HOme-simple and delicious and their new healthy cooking Previous magazines are getting sold on ebay or donated to library for a tax write off. Still have enough magazines to
clean up Carolyn

I stopped renewing my subscriptions and they've all run out. They stopped being educational or providing useful info or recipes.

In the past, I've subscribed to Cooking Light, Bon Appetit, Cook's Illustrated and some other smaller 'zines.

I haven't looked in any of the back issues in quite some time and I recently dumped the backissues of all of them but Cook's Illustrated. Though those will probably go away at some point too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom