What’s your go to website for recipes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I usually just search the internet. As others do, I look at several versions to see what seems reasonable. Sometimes I remember to search hear at DC. I'm getting better at that. I also search a Danish recipe site for Danish recipes, but those are mostly user contributed, so it takes a lot of comparison between recipes to choose one I want to try. I also check the comments with the recipes. If I am looking for a recipe for Danish charcuterie, I check a Danish grilling forum because, one of the members is a professional butcher and his recipes are great, with good safety tips and good directions. Sometimes he even has a YouTube video to go with it. In fact, that was how I found the forum.

As I have mentioned elsewhere, I have over 250 binders full of recipes that I have clipped and saved over the last 30 years. I know a lot of them can be found on line, but a lot can not. I make copies of ingredients and file in appropriate binders. DH and I work up a menu each week from mostly what is in the freezer, starting with what is the oldest. Sometimes we don't look for new recipes, but go back to a Tried and True recipe that we like. (I have 4 binders full of recipes that we have made.) TMI for now-sorry lol

I'm sorry about this, didn't read the question correctly. When I DO go to a website for recipes, which is rare, I like the Food Network web site the most, then epicurious, and for BBQ ideas I go to Weber's.

I usually go to You Tube and look for the shortest, to-the-point videos. Most are terrible, but some are very good.
I don't like long tutorials with long intros and lots of blah, blah, blah, blah...

I went to YouTube for a recipe. It was for 45 minutes. Twenty-five of those minutes she did nothing but talk. At the 15 minute mark, by then I was so T.O. that I was determined to see it through to the end.

I have one falling apart cookbook. I often go to that. But I do Google the recipe I am looking for. ATK is also a favorite of mine. I now make their one-pot mac and cheese. But I do prefer to cook foods that I grew up with. Most of them take a while to cook. But I have plenty of time. So I don't mind.

I went to YouTube for a recipe. It was for 45 minutes. Twenty-five of those minutes she did nothing but talk. At the 15 minute mark, by then I was so T.O. that I was determined to see it through to the end.

I have one falling apart cookbook. I often go to that. But I do Google the recipe I am looking for. ATK is also a favorite of mine. I now make their one-pot mac and cheese. But I do prefer to cook foods that I grew up with. Most of them take a while to cook. But I have plenty of time. So I don't mind.

I'm just curious Addie. Have you ever made a dish you didn't grow up with?

I'm just curious Addie. Have you ever made a dish you didn't grow up with?

Yeah. About once a year I get a hankering for Chinese Food. Since we don't have a really decent Chinese Restaurant near by, I will make it myself. My favorite to make though are their Pork Egg Rolls. I also make more often Egg Foo Young. I don't ever remember my mother ordering or even attempting to make Chinese Food. And I love it.

Back
Top Bottom