Anyone here an iPhone user? After months of looking askance at those iphone games and goofy ads, I finally used one and now I'm never looking back. There are some great applications and they are saving me money and time. Other apps replace gadgets I used to tote along and now save space and streamline packing. Here are some I have:
- this is a cool barcode scanner that reads bar codes and then searches online for a better price. Very cool for on the spot major purchases - no need to go home to comparison shop!
- Converts measurements to any unit, metric or US. and one unit to another like Cups to teaspoons etc. Super handy.
Easy UP/Down timer
- allows you to set up to 25 timers AT ONCE. great for managing big meals and party prep.
- Provides up-to-date exchange rate information for many currencies. (I travel)
- reader, sync functions, etc.
Google Mobile App
- Search using voice commands. No typing and no voice recognition training. Amazing.
The best way I've found to locate iphone apps is Appshopper
Multiple ways to search...much better than itunes. All of the above can be located there. A nice feature is that you can set up an app to "watch" for price changes and sometimes paid apps become free for a few days.
There all kinds of nifty applications from flashlights, flight trackers, list makers, restaurant finders based on your current location to something called the pocket girlfriend.