While in Hawaii ... bought a new 'cookbook' !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoMama

Senior Cook
Spent about the last 12 days in Hawaii ... Pro Bowl on Oahu ... and being a tourist on 'The Big Island' ... one of the goodies I bought as a momento of our trip was a 'cookbook' ... a Mai Tai cookbook ... anyone for a drink?

img_792862_0_9cc0003f8f3311bd9ef157026b95bb77.jpg

well, you were on O'ahu hun...not the Big island...but I am all for a beverage!

and what a bummer, as of next year it will be in Miami! Not only a bummer for the Aloha Stadium, but for the players as well...I am sure they all looked forward to the trip.

Last edited:
I was on Oahu for the Pro Bowl ... then we went over to Hawaii ('The Big Island') to spend several days touring about the island.

Was in the stadium in Oahu in 1975 when that stadium was almost brand new ... last week found it to be a big conglomerate of rust ... hope it is still standing by next year ... LOL!!! :LOL:

well, you were on O'ahu hun...not the Big island...but I am all for a beverage!

and what a bummer, as of next year it will be in Miami! Not only a bummer for the Aloha Stadium, but for the players as well...I am sure they all looked forward to the trip.

The 'swap-meet' previously met (1974-1976 - when I lived there) and still meets at the old (now non-existent) drive-in movie theatre (across from Pearl Ridge Mall) ... 'swap-meet' does not meet at the stadium.

Hope that helps.

BTW ... whoever owns the property of the swap-meet / old drive-in is sitting on a gold mine of real estate!!! When he / she sells ... well, we're certainly talking a mega-forture of profit.

ALOHA!

:)

lol, ok gotcha!

If it fell, I wonder where the swap meets will be every weekend?

The 'swap-meet' previously met (1974-1976 - when I lived there) and still meets at the old (now non-existent) drive-in movie theatre (across from Pearl Ridge Mall) ... 'swap-meet' does not meet at the stadium.

Hope that helps.

BTW ... whoever owns the property of the swap-meet / old drive-in is sitting on a gold mine of real estate!!! When he / she sells ... well, we're certainly talking a mega-forture of profit.

ALOHA!

:)

Well, for my time living there, we had great weekends at the stadiums swaps, Aloha stadium swap meet is one of the largest Swap meets in Hawaii. Experience the great shopping at Aloha Hawaii swap meet and Flea Market at Honalulu region

Back
Top Bottom