"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cook's Tools

Old 08-09-2007, 01:48 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
I LOVE my silicone basting brushes. They seem to apply basting liquids and marinades much easier than my bristle ones. And, as Andy says, they're far easier to clean.

Old 08-09-2007, 03:22 PM   #22
Executive Chef

Thanks for the help - silicone it is!

Old 08-20-2007, 12:35 PM   #23
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to keltin
Any of you brownie bakers ever see this special brownie pan? It’s designed so that ever piece has an “edge” or crusty part (unlike square pans where the middle pieces have to crusty part). Pretty cook.

Edge Brownie Pan.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:55 PM   #24
Executive Chef

Thanks for the advice on silicone basting brushes. I bought a couple of them (actually 3 because they are so cool my little guy needed one for himself). They are excellent! I've used them to brush breadsticks with butter, baste ribs, apply an egg wash and other stuff. They work perfectly and clean up in the dishwasher. Too cool!
Old 08-20-2007, 03:19 PM   #25
Cook

I'm a kitchen gadget lover too, my hubby always is surprised at my love for it Each time i go out for shopping, i always, buy something for the kitchen, a new gadget evertime, or keep searching for the cheap and best quality ones on net I looooooooooooove those
And yes, silicone brushes r the best, rt now i'm searching for a good onion slicer, which can slice the onions thin as well as thick, any ideas?!
and lemme know about more good and useful gadgets ...
maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:32 PM   #26
Assistant Cook

I love kitchen gadgets too! And I don't really like to cook that much...but when I do it's nice to have the right tool. I use and sell Pampered Chef (normally catalog shows as my real job provides my living). The vegetable peeler is actually the best one I've ever used (and I've peeled lots of potatoes!). I have also used it on raw sweet potatoes and it doesn't cut too deep into the flesh. The scissors are incredible. We've used them on cutting rain gutters and then washed them up and cut veggies! Love the bamboo spoons..no shredding or staining. The stones (as per another thread) are terrific. I do make a microwave cake (and do spray the stone with Baker's Delight, etc..) in the bundt (fluted) stone in 12 minutes. My nephew who doesn't like sweets...eats the majority of those cakes. The small bar pan is absolutely fantastic for heating up left over nachos, hamburger/hotdog buns, etc... in the microwave. I have put this stuff to the test and the claims hold up for the majority of the products. I'm open to offering suggestions of how to use products you haven't used yet. I believe you shouldn't buy something and then never use it. Will be happy to answer questions or give ideas.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:00 PM   #27
Cook

wow Patty Annie, came to know aby sum new tools from ur post. I dont have sum of those !!!
maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 03:03 PM   #28
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to Chausiubao
high tech thermometers for everything!
Old 08-22-2007, 06:06 AM   #29
Assistant Cook

ya, Maria, P.C. has some very cool gadgets. If you want something let me know. I do individual orders too. There is another tool called "the corer" that cores cucumbers. You peel the cuke, cut it in half, core it with the Corer, slip in a carrot...then slice the cucumber and carrot together and you get a very neat snack. The carrot is inside the cucumber. Plus, removing the seeds of the cucumber reduces the tummy gasses. Very cool things.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:55 AM   #30
Head Chef

Like you, I love kitchen gadgets. My DH says I buy them so that I can have a really good garage sale. I do use a lot of them, but have some that I am not even sure what they are for. I have lots of fun looking in catalogs, as some others do, and keep me away from Williiams Sonoma.