Anyone else addicted to kitchen tools?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any of you brownie bakers ever see this special brownie pan? It’s designed so that ever piece has an “edge” or crusty part (unlike square pans where the middle pieces have to crusty part). Pretty cook.

Edge Brownie Pan.

Thanks for the advice on silicone basting brushes. I bought a couple of them (actually 3 because they are so cool my little guy needed one for himself). They are excellent! I've used them to brush breadsticks with butter, baste ribs, apply an egg wash and other stuff. They work perfectly and clean up in the dishwasher. Too cool!

I'm a kitchen gadget lover too, my hubby always is surprised at my love for it :ohmy: Each time i go out for shopping, i always, buy something for the kitchen, a new gadget evertime, or keep searching for the cheap and best quality ones on net :) I looooooooooooove those :wub:
And yes, silicone brushes r the best, rt now i'm searching for a good onion slicer, which can slice the onions thin as well as thick, any ideas?!
and lemme know about more good and useful gadgets ...:)

I love kitchen gadgets too! And I don't really like to cook that much...but when I do it's nice to have the right tool. I use and sell Pampered Chef (normally catalog shows as my real job provides my living). The vegetable peeler is actually the best one I've ever used (and I've peeled lots of potatoes!). I have also used it on raw sweet potatoes and it doesn't cut too deep into the flesh. The scissors are incredible. We've used them on cutting rain gutters and then washed them up and cut veggies! Love the bamboo spoons..no shredding or staining. The stones (as per another thread) are terrific. I do make a microwave cake (and do spray the stone with Baker's Delight, etc..) in the bundt (fluted) stone in 12 minutes. My nephew who doesn't like sweets...eats the majority of those cakes. The small bar pan is absolutely fantastic for heating up left over nachos, hamburger/hotdog buns, etc... in the microwave. I have put this stuff to the test and the claims hold up for the majority of the products. I'm open to offering suggestions of how to use products you haven't used yet. I believe you shouldn't buy something and then never use it. Will be happy to answer questions or give ideas.

wow Patty Annie, came to know aby sum new tools from ur post. I dont have sum of those !!! :ohmy:

ya, Maria, P.C. has some very cool gadgets. If you want something let me know. I do individual orders too. There is another tool called "the corer" that cores cucumbers. You peel the cuke, cut it in half, core it with the Corer, slip in a carrot...then slice the cucumber and carrot together and you get a very neat snack. The carrot is inside the cucumber. Plus, removing the seeds of the cucumber reduces the tummy gasses. Very cool things.

Like you, I love kitchen gadgets. My DH says I buy them so that I can have a really good garage sale. I do use a lot of them, but have some that I am not even sure what they are for. I have lots of fun looking in catalogs, as some others do, and keep me away from Williiams Sonoma.

Does anyone remember Lechters? I wasn't attracted to cooking tools until I went into a Lechter's store at our mall. Too bad they closed. :(

I loved Lechters too. I love to look at gadgets and I often succumb to my addiction. I love to watch those infomercials.
Bought a Pasta Express and looked at it and put it away. Then yesterday I got it out. I was sick and tired of washing up the colander and pasta pot. Well, why not give it a chance. Guess what, it worked well. Forgot to salt the water and I didn't give it a stir, and thought it might be all stuck together, but it didn't. It has a sleeve to protect your hands from the hot water. I practiced with the lids to be sure I knew what I was doing. I like my pasta al dente and it was not over cooked, just right. All I had for clean up was one manageable container and two small lids.
I will use it again.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom