"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cook's Tools

Old 11-17-2006, 04:27 PM   #41
Master Chef

So sorry about the bowl and your injuries.....that God it wasn't worse. I too know how it feels to have something break that holds special memories.....I think we all can probably relate to that.

Old 11-18-2006, 10:47 PM   #42
Executive Chef

I was in Target this afternoon buying a few outfits.

I stopped in the Housewares section and what did I do that for?!!

I saw some KitchenAid plastic bowls in sets of three apiece, some in one color and some in multi colors. i just couldn't help it!!! I ended up buying the set with the multi colors - dark orange, dark yellow and olive green!!!

I'm a bowl freak and I just can't stop buying bowls!!!!!!!!

Old 11-20-2006, 01:45 PM   #43
Sous Chef

I went through a lot of trauma when we were moving onto the boat. What could I take - what had to go into storage. I have 4 pasta bowls, 4 soup bowls from each of two sets of china, and six Japanese soup or rice bowls. I've got 2 complete sets of, I think, 7 graduated glass bowls + 4 additional tiny glass bowls and 3 little tiny wood bowls. We also have 4 glass "salad" bowls, 2 huge latte cups we use for soup, a salsa bowl, 2 serving bowls from our day to day china, 2 bowls for the KA, a bowl for olive pits, 6 blue and white china condiment bowls, 2 bowls for the ice cream freezer, and assorted glad and ziplock plastic bowls for food storage.

My stainless steel bowls and plastic bowls are in storage. My pottery serving bowls, trifle bowl, and the serving bowls from our "good" china are in storage, as are our dessert bowls, ice cream bowls, the rest of my Japanese rice/soup bowls (service for 12), some pottery bean bowls, 2 white china lotus bowls, a set of leaf shaped bowls for dipping olive oil etc., and some other misc. bowls. Then there are, I'm sure, bowls to go with the set of china that my daughter gave me (it's from my late mother in law). All in storage - some where I could get to them if I needed them.

I've got bowls on my list - 2 sizes of copper bowls. (one should fit on the boat!) When we get back into some larger living quarters we'd like to watch out for unusual serving pieces etc. And we want a really nice soup tureen. I missed out on getting the one for our china before it went out of production, but I keep looking on eBay.

Yes I am a bowl freak!
Old 11-20-2006, 03:28 PM   #44
Executive Chef

What a shame - not being able to keep all those bowls!!
Old 11-28-2006, 04:30 PM   #45
Executive Chef

I just bought yet another set of mixing bowls from TJ Max today!

This makes the 11th set!!
Old 12-10-2006, 03:57 AM   #46
Senior Cook

I suppose I could be one--but it'd be out of necessity. I never seem to have enough.

Part of it is due to attrition. I'm the type of person who finds it silly to spend 20 dollars on a bowl, so I get the plastic kind. The dogs will periodically get ahold of one or two and eat em, so there go those. And we use those "who cares if you throw them out" bowls from Glad. Those never last. Others just...disappear.

I've bought some glass ones. No clue where they are. I even had a stainless steel one that I lost in a move. Now it's what's left of my plastic collection (which needs to be replenished...again) and my stand mixer bowl.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:12 AM   #47
Executive Chef

Yeah, I've had so many glass and ceramic bowls broken by careless clumsey guests who promised to replace them and never did!!
Old 01-03-2007, 09:03 PM   #48
Executive Chef

I visited CefsCatalog.com just to be nosey and browsed the website.

Saw a set of colorful malamine bowls in the Clearance Section marked down for $16.00. Of course, I couldn't resist and ordered them!! I just couldn't leave them alone!!!

That makes the 12th set!! I'm truly a bowl freak, and I think I got more bowls than anything else!! It's like an alcoholic or a drug addict!!

I gotta stay away from websites as well as the housewares section in stores!

Because if I see any bowls either single or in sets, mainly in sets, I'll end up getting them.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:20 PM   #49
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Hee hee! I keep mom's beautiful bowls at every get together at my house. I will return some of them to her eventually. But yes, I would consider myself a bowl freak and buy as many as I can after Christmas (at 75% off) for our next Christmas parties. I love dishes in general. Just running out of space to put them.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:48 PM   #50
Sous Chef

Cory, Bowls...I have a "bunch"....antique, yellow, brown, etc. Then stainless steel. Some all sizes crock bowls. Hey, when you cook and bake...you NEED them.