"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cook's Tools
Old 06-29-2008, 11:16 AM   #71
Assistant Cook
I am grateful that I'm not alone in my "Bowl Addiction" -- I feel such comfort from all of you self-confessed Bowlaholics. I have 2 sets of the gigantic Wlm-Sonoma Pasta Bowls and also the step-down size, as well as a doz of every size prep-bowls (from a tsp to a cup), fruit bowls, soup bowls in all sizes - with and w/o handles, a dozen are w/lids, outdoor soup/salad bowls, and the beat goes on & on. I don't understand the attraction/addiction, but I have been able to stop myself (since I've run out of room). I guess I have an addictive personality, as my husband likes to say, since in addition to my bowl addiction, I find myself coveting pretty dish towels, table cloths, wine glasses, and -- I have an odd attraction to luggage (esp. tote bags). So there you have it, my true confession!

Foodinsite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:26 AM   #72
Assistant Cook
Oh yeah, I also have a set of gigantic wooden salad bowls, stainless steel bowls for mixing (from tiny to huge), as well as a set of 6 stainless bowls for my dog, and a gigantic punch bowl which sits atop my 'fridge, a set of 11 of the nesting glass mixing bowls (love them - you're right they should have covers!), and also, tons of assorted baskets which I use as "bowls" to hold fruit, onions, garlic, tomatoes, etc.

Foodinsite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:04 PM   #73
Executive Chef
I haven't bought any more bowls. Got more than enough now.
Corey123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:08 PM   #74
Sous Chef
I am looking for more of these, the bowl in the foreground. Norpro Krona s.s. whisking bowl. Discontinued. Flared handle and hanging hole. This one is 1-1/2 qt. Want 2 & 3 qt. I am sure there is a pallet full of them in a warehouse somewhere, behind pallets full of everything else that was made since these went dc.
gadzooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:21 PM   #75
Senior Cook
Location: northern Michigan in the forest, overlooking a waterfall
Recently I visited with a friend whom I hadn't seen for a year or so. She had just gotten back from 6 weeks in France, Belgium and Netherlands, where she and her husband did a lot of antiquing! She brought back a couple more bowls, as which point her husband, also a great collector but of thermometers, teased her that this was just what she needed was more bowls, at which she quipped she'd picked up the disease from me. I'm still not cured but have not more room!

xmascarol1 is offline   Reply With Quote