Best Oven Thermometer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ham Hock

Cook
I saw Alton using one that is digital and magnetically hangs on the front of the oven and thought that seems pretty sharp.

I need one, dont own one, but am about to start working with salami and need a good meat meter.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Polder makes a remote digital thermometer.

It has a probe for the meat that connects to the control box via a wire. you can measure internal temp, set a temperature alarm and it also has a timer. It costs about $25-$30.

Taylor has a whole line of thermometers, both digital and analog. They are mostly instant reads that are not left in the meat during cooking as the Polder is.

Awe yeah I googled Polder and that digital with a timer is the ticket no doubt!

THANKS I got one on the way!

Another vote for the Polder with a probe attached. I've only used it a couple of times, and WOW. No more squinting at the dial. No more guess work. Great!

Taylor makes all kinds of thermometers ... and they do make a line comperable to the Polder probe model Andy M. was talking about (where the probe goes into the meat and is attached the unit outside the oven via a cord). I know - I have one I bought at Target about 5 years ago for about $15.

I actually got mine because I saw Alton Brown use one - and recognized it (you can't miss the colors).

Back
Top Bottom