Browning on stainless steel saucepan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes to both. You can tell that my cookware is used for cooking, not to impress guests with my my cleaning compulsion, which is a good thing because I don't have one. ;)

I don't have the cleaning gene either. I have tried to get it but it's just not in me. I much prefer to tackle a big mess than do regular small cleanings.

The other good thing about Bar Keeper's Friend is it comes in liquid form as well as powdered form. That makes it a lot easier to use.

I tried the liquid and it seemed to be less effective than the powder.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

I don't have the cleaning gene either. I have tried to get it but it's just not in me. I much prefer to tackle a big mess than do regular small cleanings.

Mine shows a little bit when I'm cooking. I always have soapy water on one side of the sink and wash up as I go during natural breaks in the cooking cycle. That way I avoid having a big chore left after I eat, when I'm contentedly full and feeling extra lazy.

I have both. BKF seems to be better at removing stubborn stains on pans. I use Bon Ami mostly on my ceramic sink, tea kettle, and other ceramic cookware.

I have a spray bottle of Barkeeper's Friend that I use to clean my glass stove top. It's more convenient than a powder because you can spray it on and let it soak for a while before scrubbing.

I have a spray bottle of Barkeeper's Friend that I use to clean my glass stove top. It's more convenient than a powder because you can spray it on and let it soak for a while before scrubbing.

Do you have to dilute it in order to spray it?

I leave it all for the next day.

My DW cleans up right after we eat. I try to be helpful by rinsing and putting things in the dishwasher as I go, but I'm not always very good at it.:angel:

She's very good at getting the dark spots off the outside of my SS pans. They look new.

Do you have to dilute it in order to spray it?

No, it comes in a foaming spray bottle and it's already a liquid.

spray.jpg

Back
Top Bottom