Calphalon end grain cutting board

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anchita

Assistant Cook
Has anyone used this Calphalon end-grain cutting board (or its rectangular counterpart?) I'm looking for an end grain wooden cutting board, and this seems suitable and attractive, but I haven't heard anything good OR bad about it, which is making my decision harder.

Any feedback will be highly appreciated.

Not familiar with that exact board, but I bought a similarly sized one to conserve counter space, and often wish I had a larger one. If you're cutting like three veggies you run out of room unless you clear the board in between.

I am not familiar with this board. I have a 36 x 36 butcher block table in storage, and a separate board for vegetables.

The separate 26 x 26 inch board is what I use now [with a smaller board] til I move to larger quarters. It is the 2 inch thick former maple top of a 1960's portable dishwasher.

I paid $1 for it at a used appliance repair shop.

Thanks all, I finally went with this that a member at another forum very kindly pointed out to me as possibly having good value for money. The size seems fine for me, though I'll only know once I begin cutting on it. I didn't spend quite as much money as I thought I would, so even if it doesn't turn out as good as I expect it to, it won't be a big loss and will instruct me regarding a future purchase. But thanks for all the responses and info!

Back
Top Bottom