Can you identify this tool??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, I sure hope so! How can such brainy people as us not find out?

Brainy People?????

Now just what forum do you think you're on? :whistling

PF, If you'd stop dusting him off and attempting to make him presentable then you might stand a chance with the Dusty Old Thing page.

Heck, After breaking your mug he deserves to stay in the corner and collect a little dust. ;)

Brainy People?????

Now just what forum do you think you're on? :whistling

PF, If you'd stop dusting him off and attempting to make him presentable then you might stand a chance with the Dusty Old Thing page.

Heck, After breaking your mug he deserves to stay in the corner and collect a little dust. ;)

ROFLMAO!!! You have a point!:LOL:

I had to bump this thread. :rolleyes:

I still wanna know what it is.

Taco carrier / hat blocking device / pottery utensil / whatever. It's got to be something since someone made it for use.

Somehow, someday. We'll find the answer. ;)

And to Cave76.
If it was beauty rather then brainy I'd have known it was speaking about me. :LOL:

I had to bump this thread. :rolleyes:

I still wanna know what it is.

Taco carrier / hat blocking device / pottery utensil / whatever. It's got to be something since someone made it for use.

Somehow, someday. We'll find the answer. ;)

And to Cave76.
If it was beauty rather then brainy I'd have known it was speaking about me. :LOL:

Go to post #23 for your answer. The original poster showed it on a craft forum and a person in Merry Ole England had the answer.

Sorry Addie but further along they discovered it is not quite what they thought it was.

Mad Cook also has one and doesn't know what it is, although he uses it for softening butter without having to melt it!.

I recently purchased two plates that had the exact grooves, and I'd guess the same size grooves, along with a little flat area for holding things like sour cream or /and guacamole. The grooves are for holding pre-made or freshly made taco shells in a vertical position, so as to hold the vertically, and provide stability while filling the tacos.

Extrapolating a bit, I expect the device was used in professional taco shops to enable the workers to fill tacos quickly, and efficiently. That's my best guess. My second best guess is for breaking up ground beef as it's cooking.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Its still up (picture) on my Facebook page and it still is not identified.

Chief. That suggestion was looked at in the very beginning. Unless you have new information, I am not certain what it is?
Why the handle? Taco's does not make any sense at all.

Chief. That suggestion was looked at in the very beginning. Unless you have new information, I am not certain what it is?

But maybe the hamburger separator does. That tool would be far superior to a spatula, or cake turner and tuning a 1 lb chunk of browning hamburger, sausage, or ground beef into something that could be added to a sloppy joe sauce, or marinara, or sausage gravy, etc. And I agree, especially when the size of the tool is is compared to other items in the picture, that it would be very difficult to use with taco shells.

I could also see it as a leather working too, or maybe a meat tenderizing too, Thses are all guesses however. I have no definitive answer.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Sorry Addie but further along they discovered it is not quite what they thought it was.

Thanks. I didn't read the past posts but that was my understanding. :)

Might not make sense but it is fun to picture a server bringing your tacos to you on a device like this. :LOL:

We'll find out what it is someday. ;)

Until then Enjoy life. :angel:

I was thinking it might have something to do with sailing or rope making...taco "stands" usually are trays that hold 12 or more shells, at least the ones I've seen in commercial kitchens.

Wow! I've been gone so long I forgot my password and almost got locked out. Then I find that this thread has been revived. LOL I have been watching for this tool to show up at Goodwill. Net yet. Even if I did find one, it would not come with a note telling me what it is or what to do with it. Somehow I keep coming back to the fact that both people who have them are from UK. That has to have a connection I think.

Can't wait to read all that I've missed since I've been gone.

It is a tool used to attract old members back to the forum.

There, it now has at least 1 known use.

Hi Carol. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom