Carbon Steel Griddle Spatula/Turner???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks but I found nothing comparable at the sites you suggested. It is frustrating that such a fine product is no longer available. I have had mine for 30 years and every year or two I have to cut off a few mm because of nicks and cracks so now the spatula is only about 8cm long. Even at that length, it is still better than all of the other spatulas I have purchased over the past few years, including the stainless steel spatula from Dexter-Russell. In any case, I appreciate your help and definitely sympathize with your fondness of the old carbon steel types.

What seems like a lifetime ago, when I was in the army, going through the chow line at breakfast I noticed the cooks often had spatulas that were only a couple of inches long, maybe three or four inches, some even shorter. It seemed odd. Now I understand why they were holding on to good quality tools rather than replacing them with something inferior.

What seems like a lifetime ago, when I was in the army, going through the chow line at breakfast I noticed the cooks often had spatulas that were only a couple of inches long, maybe three or four inches, some even shorter. It seemed odd. Now I understand why they were holding on to good quality tools rather than replacing them with something inferior.
Those army line cooks!
When they entered a kitchen mess for the first time they were handed a bunch of utensils and told to "watch them like a hawk and treat them like your beloved children".
Spring carbon steel turners were only long enough to do the job.
Literally there were 'time and motion experts' who came up with the most efficient way to flip 500 burger patties. The length of the turner was just long enough to get under the patty. 'Time and motion'. The second most important rule in the military.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom