I can honestly say I have never had this problem beforee, I am ghoping some one can help me!
In my rental appt I got an IKEA start kit and put most of the stuff provided in the flat away, bar one or two things, in cluding two wooden spoons. With the one I got in the IKEA kit that gives me three, but I really mainly used the IKEA one, and had the others for emergencies.
The other dasy I went to grab one of the spares, and it was covered in yukky white mould, which I put down to part of the mould problem we have here, and found anoher, clean utensil, wached the wooden spoon and thought no more of it.
The next day I had more time so I emptied the utensil drawer, cleaned it out and washed all the utensils and put them away much later when everything was dry. Then, the next day TWO of the wooden spoons had the white mould on them. I have removed the old spoons and put them in a plastic bag and in a cupboard with all the other provided stuff and put it out of my mind, but today I went to get my wooden spoon, and, you've guessed it more of this mould. none of the other utensils appear effected, but I have washed them all and the drawer again, just in case.
Is it possible to clean the spoon/spoons to a usable condition again? I am wary of washing and using while they "look" clean incase there are horrid spores on them? I always hand wash wood, but here its acaademic, as I have no dishwasher! I tried boiling them in the spegetti pot, but agaibn, the mould was back next day.
I am only using hat water and washing up liquid, would consider something more but I am obviously thinking that the wood will absorb and hold on to what ever its cleaned with.