Cleaning wooden spoons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kitchengoddess8 said:
Is it okay to wash them in the dishwasher?

Hm... Well, I've come to learn that you shouldn't really soak wooden rolling pins in water, because the wood can rot, so I would just wash and dry your wooden spoons by hand. Especially if they're good ones, or if you can't afford to replace splintering wooden spoons.

It depends on the type of wood. I put my bamboo spoons, spatulas, chopsticks, etc. in the dishwasher all the time with no detrimental effects.

Hm... Well, I've come to learn that you shouldn't really soak wooden rolling pins in water, because the wood can rot, so I would just wash and dry your wooden spoons by hand. Especially if they're good ones, or if you can't afford to replace splintering wooden spoons.

I'm with you kid!

I've had my wooden spoons for about 12 years (a lot of my stuff is 12 years old, since that's when I got my own place after having roommates.) and always toss in the dishwasher. They have held up quite well over the years. They are nice thick ones from restaurant supply.

I have had no problems with washing wooden spoons in the dishwasher.

I haven't had any problems with bamboo chopsticks in the dishwasher. I just decided not to put my bamboo spatula in the dishwasher any more. I got a splinter. A small piece is coming off the side of the handle. I think the glue might not be able to take the dishwashing.

My elderly wooden spoons and spatulas all go in the DW. No problem.

I just give my wooden utensils a good scrub and dry them off that way I know they're clean.

Thanks everyone! Seems like many people have had no problems with putting their wooden spoons in the dishwasher.

Back
Top Bottom