Confused E-bay Seller Or Fraud?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She has another one just like it she says, and it does not turn either! She says she examined it!

So she admits that it does not have a revolving part on it when she sold it to me.

I don't have a digital camera or a scanner or anything, but this lady is thinking I will go for this mess.

This whole thing really ticks me off chocolatechef. I have no idea what can be considered a defense but let's face it - there is an assumption when you buy a kitchen caddy that looks like a LOT of others and THEY ALL TURN. She needs to be turned in. She's not stupid - she's just gotten by with everything so far. :angry:

Well, if I have not gotten satisfaction from her by friday, I will do so!

That is a promise Elf! She has been warned and given time to make it right.

I was reading the ebay listing and don't think it would be considered fraud, but she should give you your money back absolutely, and hope like heck you don't leave negetive feedback. We do ebay and have made costly mistakes and have sent plenty of refunds, just remember if you leave her negitive she will leave you negitive unless she has allready left your feedback. Good Luck

Just another example of why I'm not an e-Bay fan, choc!

Is the seller stupid? Umm ... who's got your money?

If you read the description of what she is selling - there is nothing to indicate it spins. If you look at the photos ... it looks like a hollow three-tier hunk of segmented plastic with no base on it. Is that what you got?

I have seen something like this a long time ago (circa 1970-1980?) - looked just like what is shown in the pictures - didn't have a base and didn't "spin" on a "lazy susan" type base. But, you could turn it by grabbing the upper-most part and giving it a turn. That's why I never bought one.

I'm afraid this goes back to the question of what is a "stupid question" .... it's the one not asked. It looks like you got exactly what was advertised .... although you "thought" it was something else.

janet - isn't there an assumption that something like this turns? It shouldn't need to be mentioned because that is what these things do? I'm trying to look at it from the seller's point but I bet even she knows these things are supposed to turn. I'm definately not arguing here with you - I'm just trying to understand. There are certain functions that certain things do that don't need to be questioned. It's kind of like (ok, this may be far-fetched) buying a grill and it not having grates - and the seller saying well, I didn't say it HAD grates. That's the whole purpose of a grill - to grill on the grates. That's the whole purpose of a kitchen carousel caddy (name brand or other brand) is that it turns. And on this I'm going to bed!! lol

How much you wanna bet I dream about a kitchen caddy tonight! :)

Michael - it does look hollow but I think that's just the color of the bottom. I didn't think about it spinning another way. Can it spin by turning the top part? ok - I'm going to bed for REAL this time! lol

kitchenelf said:
janet - isn't there an assumption that something like this turns? It shouldn't need to be mentioned because that is what these things do? I'm trying to look at it from the seller's point but I bet even she knows these things are supposed to turn. I'm definately not arguing here with you - I'm just trying to understand. There are certain functions that certain things do that don't need to be questioned. It's kind of like (ok, this may be far-fetched) buying a grill and it not having grates - and the seller saying well, I didn't say it HAD grates. That's the whole purpose of a grill - to grill on the grates. That's the whole purpose of a kitchen carousel caddy (name brand or other brand) is that it turns. And on this I'm going to bed!! lol

How much you wanna bet I dream about a kitchen caddy tonight! :)

This is exactly what I meant Elf! And have pleasant dreams!

And Mike this is what the whole thing is about. I own 3 of these suckers that are correct and do work. I know what they are supposed to do.

Now she may have my money now, but she won't soon!

And out of about 750 or more auctions having maybe 10 not go well is a small percentage.

But see things as you wish....:ermm:

Carousel? Seems to it's the ride at the fair that turns - I don't see any parents paying to put their kids on a stationary horse. I frequent a lot of fishing sites and guys are constantly wailing about getting ripped off, usually much worse than a stationary carousel. CC, I always marveled about how much you had successfully bought on ebay. Good luck on getting it resolved, but if you don't just revel in your previous success rate.

Last edited:
At first I was thinking that the seller was right here. She never said it rotated and just because others rotate does not mean that this one will. I have seen similar products that do not rotate. I do not equate it with a grill not having grates. I would more equate it with a grill not having a side burner or not having a cover or something like that. The difference being that a grill NEEDS grates to work. It does not NEED a side burner or cover to work. This kitchen caddy does not need to spin to work.

The more I thought about it though the more I realized this seller really was trying to get away with something. Since she has sold others like this she should have known that it was supposed to spin. She should have mentioned that the caddy was not in complete working order. The biggest thing that I think you have on your side though CC is the name of the thing. It has Carousel right in the name. If eBay has any questions about who is right in this case just point them to Websters Dictionary. I looked up Carousel and here is what it said:
c : a revolving case used for storage or display

If eBay gives you any problems then point them to this thread so they can see the majority of their clients would agree with you and would have a very low opinion of eBay if they do not side with you. Good Luck CC!

Thanks GB. I will take your advice and let them know what Discusscooking thinks! Thanks again.

Here was her pleasant response to me.

Jenny:

Dear shelley9012,

It turns like a carosel, right?

Shelly9012:

SORRY BUT I DON'T EVEN RECOGNIZE YOUR NAME SO I AM NOT SURE WHAT YOUR REFERRING TO SHELLEY.

Having read her description of what she sold you, I agree that IMO she knew what she was selling you and worded her description very carefully -- like a lawyer would (takes one to know one:rolleyes: ).

I'd complain to ebay, but not expect my money back.

jennyema said:
Here was her pleasant response to me.

Jenny:

Dear shelley9012,

It turns like a carosel, right?

Shelly9012:

SORRY BUT I DON'T EVEN RECOGNIZE YOUR NAME SO I AM NOT SURE WHAT YOUR REFERRING TO SHELLEY.

Having read her description of what she sold you, I agree that IMO she knew what she was selling you and worded her description very carefully -- like a lawyer would (takes one to know one:rolleyes: ).

I'd complain to ebay, but not expect my money back.

I just sent her a message saying if this is not resolved by Friday morning, I will initiate fraud procedures immediately.

I think she is cracking under pressure.

Choc, I looked at her sold items and can only find one other that she has sold, she looks like a seller who goes to estate auctions and buys in bulk so it is possible that she did not know it turns although it sounds like she was aware and is trying to get away with it.
She also is not making much money on ebay with her low dollar items so that is probably the reason for not giving a refund at the first sign of a unhappy buyer.
I have never looked at one of these until this thread so I would not know if it turned or not but it looks like something that should turn. If she does not give a refund your negative feedback is going to hurt with her low rating, I would also ask for a shipping refund, and if she does that then she made it right.

I have one of those (looks the same from the picture) but I can't find a name on it. It has the turntable in the bottom. I've probably had it for 20 years or more, but it still turns and everything is still working. It is in 3 parts and comes apart to clean. The turntable is a permanent part of the bottom tier.

Back
Top Bottom