"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cook's Tools

Old 05-11-2005, 07:39 AM   #31

Thanks Otter!

Old 05-11-2005, 08:53 AM   #32
Chief Eating Officer

At first I was thinking that the seller was right here. She never said it rotated and just because others rotate does not mean that this one will. I have seen similar products that do not rotate. I do not equate it with a grill not having grates. I would more equate it with a grill not having a side burner or not having a cover or something like that. The difference being that a grill NEEDS grates to work. It does not NEED a side burner or cover to work. This kitchen caddy does not need to spin to work.

The more I thought about it though the more I realized this seller really was trying to get away with something. Since she has sold others like this she should have known that it was supposed to spin. She should have mentioned that the caddy was not in complete working order. The biggest thing that I think you have on your side though CC is the name of the thing. It has Carousel right in the name. If eBay has any questions about who is right in this case just point them to Websters Dictionary. I looked up Carousel and here is what it said:
c : a revolving case used for storage or display

If eBay gives you any problems then point them to this thread so they can see the majority of their clients would agree with you and would have a very low opinion of eBay if they do not side with you. Good Luck CC!

Old 05-11-2005, 08:56 AM   #33

Thanks GB. I will take your advice and let them know what Discusscooking thinks! Thanks again.
Old 05-11-2005, 11:23 AM   #34
Master Chef

Here was her pleasant response to me.

Jenny:

Dear shelley9012,

It turns like a carosel, right?

Shelly9012:

SORRY BUT I DON'T EVEN RECOGNIZE YOUR NAME SO I AM NOT SURE WHAT YOUR REFERRING TO SHELLEY.

Having read her description of what she sold you, I agree that IMO she knew what she was selling you and worded her description very carefully -- like a lawyer would (takes one to know one ).

I'd complain to ebay, but not expect my money back.

Old 05-11-2005, 01:44 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyema
Here was her pleasant response to me.

Jenny:

Dear shelley9012,

It turns like a carosel, right?

Shelly9012:

SORRY BUT I DON'T EVEN RECOGNIZE YOUR NAME SO I AM NOT SURE WHAT YOUR REFERRING TO SHELLEY.

Having read her description of what she sold you, I agree that IMO she knew what she was selling you and worded her description very carefully -- like a lawyer would (takes one to know one ).

I'd complain to ebay, but not expect my money back.

I just sent her a message saying if this is not resolved by Friday morning, I will initiate fraud procedures immediately.

I think she is cracking under pressure.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:09 PM   #36
Chief Eating Officer

Make sure to keep us updated!
Old 05-11-2005, 02:28 PM   #37
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by choclatechef
I just sent her a message saying if this is not resolved by Friday morning, I will initiate fraud procedures immediately.

I think she is cracking under pressure.

You go, girl!!
Old 05-11-2005, 02:42 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB
Make sure to keep us updated!
I sure will!

Thanks everybody for your support!

You guys are tops in my book!
Old 05-11-2005, 02:58 PM   #39
Cook

Choc, I looked at her sold items and can only find one other that she has sold, she looks like a seller who goes to estate auctions and buys in bulk so it is possible that she did not know it turns although it sounds like she was aware and is trying to get away with it.
She also is not making much money on ebay with her low dollar items so that is probably the reason for not giving a refund at the first sign of a unhappy buyer.
I have never looked at one of these until this thread so I would not know if it turned or not but it looks like something that should turn. If she does not give a refund your negative feedback is going to hurt with her low rating, I would also ask for a shipping refund, and if she does that then she made it right.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:01 PM   #40
Executive Chef

I have one of those (looks the same from the picture) but I can't find a name on it. It has the turntable in the bottom. I've probably had it for 20 years or more, but it still turns and everything is still working. It is in 3 parts and comes apart to clean. The turntable is a permanent part of the bottom tier.