Confused E-bay Seller Or Fraud?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Choc, I hear you about some of these dead-beat sellers. I don't find it funny when they don't deliver what is promised, or give excuses later on down the road. I've bought a lot from ebay. For the most part I've been pretty satisfied. However, there are sellers that are after the money only. (BTW, carousel, to me, says, IT TURNS.)

One bad experience is what I call my duvet is still in the UK. Paid the guy (buy it now), waited over 2 months, emails back forth - & no merchandise. Sellers excuses included, Royal Post does not require signature & no way of tracking...then hey, what do you expect, you paid FOR THE CHEAPEST SHIPPING. Who knew. I kept paying him more & more monies. I never received the merchandise. Filing a complaint with e bay got me no where. Ebay does not follow up. Pay Pal gave me a one-time refund. I said this seller is still on ebay, & selling. What can I/you do. The response from Pay Pal was, contact the FBI. How ridiculous! & after 2 months, you have almost no recourse.

Once I purchased a mini chopper, that wouldn't chop a clove of garlic or half an onion. Bought underwear, that was child-sized. Seller's comment - Using this manufacurer for the first time. Won't use them again. I would not pay postage to schlep to post office, driving time, envelopes, etc to return. Threw it in the trash.

Still, there are a few bad sellers out there that ruin it for us, the consumer. There ought-a-be a law. I'll still bid on ebay, but, I'll read their feed back & check their history. So sorry this happened to you. For the most part, it's a good thing.

mish said:
Choc, I hear you about some of these dead-beat sellers. I don't find it funny when they don't deliver what is promised, or give excuses later on down the road. I've bought a lot from ebay. For the most part I've been pretty satisfied. However, there are sellers that are after the money only. (BTW, carousel, to me, says, IT TURNS.)

One bad experience is what I call my duvet is still in the UK. Paid the guy (buy it now), waited over 2 months, emails back forth - & no merchandise. Sellers excuses included, Royal Post does not require signature & no way of tracking...then hey, what do you expect, you paid FOR THE CHEAPEST SHIPPING. Who knew. I kept paying him more & more monies. I never received the merchandise. Filing a complaint with e bay got me no where. Ebay does not follow up. Pay Pal gave me a one-time refund. I said this seller is still on ebay, & selling. What can I/you do. The response from Pay Pal was, contact the FBI. How ridiculous! & after 2 months, you have almost no recourse.

Once I purchased a mini chopper, that wouldn't chop a clove of garlic or half an onion. Bought underwear, that was child-sized. Seller's comment - Using this manufacurer for the first time. Won't use them again. I would not pay postage to schlep to post office, driving time, envelopes, etc to return. Threw it in the trash.

Still, there are a few bad sellers out there that ruin it for us, the consumer. There ought-a-be a law. I'll still bid on ebay, but, I'll read their feed back & check their history. So sorry this happened to you. For the most part, it's a good thing.

There should be a law! But since there is not, it is a good thing that 99% of ebay sellers are not like this.

I agree with you, and sorry about the duvet and the chopper hon!

This is most likely a violation of the federal Consumer Protection Act. It protects consumers from misrepresentations about a product and includes situations where a seller, while not exactly lying, clearly intends a customer to misunderstand, or think she is getting a different product. It's a great law, but doesn't work in a situation where the dollar amount is relatively small. That being said, you can write a letter to the seller claiming a violation of the CPA. You might not get any money back, but it might scare her straight, so to speak. Your state may also have consumer protection laws. If she has a business, i.e., and eBay store or something like that, file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. There are a lot of things you can do, it's just that most of them won't get you your money back, or at least aren't worth the expense to get your money back (for example, yes, you could file a lawsuit, or even a small claims suit, under the CPA, but are you really going to go to that expense?). Just a few things to think about.

Well I went to take a peek at this auction. She's good I'll give her that. IMO.....she knew what she had and was clever in how she presented it in her description. She listed it as a Caddy but noted, marked Kitchen Carousel.

Also, her little disclaimer at the bottom tells me either she has some legal background or she has come across an auction with this disclaimer and cut and pasted it to use for her own.

Unfort., when you buy things at the last minute you rob yourself of the chance to ask specific questions before bidding. Def. a risky move and believe me I've been tempted.

My daddy always says, "Live & Learn". I think you learnt a valuable lesson with this one.........don't bid at the last minute and think of every question possible to ask before bidding. If an item is in the last minutes and you don't get the chance to ask any questions, don't bid......eventually someone else will list another one and you can ask all the questions you need to before bidding. In fact, I think Ebay now has it set up where they will contact you if a similar item comes up for sale.

Sorry this experience was and is still a bad one for you. I've only had a few bad ones in all the years I've been buying/selling. Personally, I make it a habit to check the feedback on the sellers/buyers I'm dealing with. If negative feedback is noted and I'm interested in something I will question them about the experience and why neg. was left. I left them tell their side of the story and then decide if I want to deal with them or not. I also ask lots and lots of questions.

By the way I don't see where you left any neg. for her. Are you waiting to see what Ebay decides to do?

I have run into some of the sweetest and most helpful people bidding on ebay and some of the stinkiest, foulest, nastiest people there too. I have had 2 negative feedbacks and both of them was because I left negative feedback on 2 people who didn't deliver the goods. :( There should be a way to prevent them from giving you bad feedback as retaliation. I still bid on ebay, but not like I use to. I had packages coming in right and left from everything that I purchased. Being burned seems to take some of the fun out of bidding. :(

Wishing you luck in getting this resolved, but sounds like you have one of the nasties you are dealing with.

I only used EBay twice, and had a veteran player bid for me.

Both times it worked out fine, but I shudder to think about having to deal with all the hassle you apparently have to go thru on this transaction. Glad to hear it's rare.

Kitchen Carousel

HI. I saw an old thread you had regarding a "Kitchen Carousel". Was this a Garden Way Kitchen Carousel? Do you still have this? If so, would you be willing to sell this. I have one and need to replace it. Thanks.

Michelle

if it is a product online, can u find the manual or something where it specifies that it is indeed a carousel and stick it in her face!!!!!

and then ask, how would u explain to a child that the carousel ride they are on doesn't move LOL

it's a carousel, lady...they turn...now give me my peice already lol

i just noticed the date on this thing LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
am guessing theres no problem anymore LOLLL

Do you still have this utensil holder?

I was checking with you to see if you still had this item in your posession and would be willing to sell this. Thanks.

The last time he posted was 10th July 2005, so not likely to get a reply unfortunately. Maybe start a new post?

Looking for old utensil holder called Kitchen Carousel

I am trying to find an old utensil holder that rotates called a Kitchen Carousel made by Garden Way back in the 80s. The item first mentioned on this thread sounded like it but without the turntable on bottom. I will buy this if he still has it.

Back
Top Bottom