Confused E-bay Seller Or Fraud?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

choclatechef

Washing Up
You guys know that I buy quite a lot of cookware and equipment on Ebay. Well, I finally ran into a seller without a clue. Remember me bragging about my new Kitchen utensil Carousel I bought? I have a couple of others just like it in my kitchen.

img_115089_0_de3b9192cc137b9d44b14067760cad5b.jpg

Well, we have been busy fighting about it. Check this out:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4372197983

I got it, but the durn thing does not revolve! I emailed her and asked, "Where is the part of the carousel that causes it to revolve? It was not in the box."

Her response was, "i did not say it rotated i said it was made by kitchen carousel and on the bottom of it, it says kitchen carousel, i simply stated the brand and then stated what was written on the bottom. my mother in law doen't have a turntable for the other one she has. if you feel you need to turn this in to ebay go ahead because i am just sticking to my policy and do you really want to lose money on shipping? i am truly sorry, i like my customers to be happy, thank you
shelley"

My reponse was "I don't know how many times I have to tell you --- the rotating part of the carousel should be attached to the bottom. It is not a separate item!! I know because I have several working ones in my kitchen!!!

Now if you sell roller skates, and only show a photo of the top of the skates in your ad...then send them to a buyer without wheels and tell them they can buy wheels elsewhere --- it is fraud. Roller skates are supposed to be able to roll, and unless you say you have no wheels in your ad you sold them fraudently!

This is the issue you don't appear to understand. I am sure Ebay will understand this issue to your detriment.

I will turn this over to Ebay, and leave negative feedback if I do not get what was advertised, or a refund!!!! I could give a ** if you accept returns, it is not worth returning without being able to rotate!

With your new status with Ebay, another negative feedback will take you to a low level. Please let us not have to go there, and either refund my money or send me a revolving carousel! Thank you."

Now please tell me, am I crazy or mean here? What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Ok, laughing my butt off. How could she not know that it is supposed to rotate?

I think you are right to complain to eBay. Let er rip choc.

You know in her emails, she seemed awful stupid.

Glad you had a good laugh Alix...I have been tearing my hair out with her!

Sorry to laugh in your time of stress, but holy man...that is one lamebrain you have to deal with.

Alix said:
Sorry to laugh in your time of stress, but holy man...that is one lamebrain you have to deal with.

Honey, it is ok........

After I read this again, I had to laugh myself!:LOL:

Maybe you should tell her to look up carousel in the dictionary.

Rainee said:
Maybe you should tell her to look up carousel in the dictionary.

We must be two of a kind....I did tell her exactly that in an earlier email.:cool:

There has been so many back and forth, I didn't want to bore everybody with it all!!!!! :sick:

A utensil carousel should have a turntable on the bottom. I don't think your wrong AT ALL for demanding satisfaction. I would do the same. I would take it to ebay also. Let them determine what should be done and put in your disapproval of the seller for future buyers.

sounds like they're confused choc. how can something be a carousel if it doesn't rotate?

i had a problem as a seller once on ebay. i sold and then shipped a cell phone to a guy in canada. i was honest when shipping it, shoulda said it was a gift instead of a sale, so they tried to collect tax from the guy when they delivered it. he refused to pay and complained to me, so i sent him his entire payment back, including the shipping costs. then ups tried to get me to pay them more shipping to get it back (i had already paid to send it to canada). sheeesh!

it eventually arrived on my doorstep, and ups has been sending me a bill for 2 years now, to recoup the shipping return costs.
lesson learned.
i now ship things thru ups as rudolfo gaspari from palermo...

Last edited:
I just "asked the seller" whether it turned or not!

Because she wants to be able to correct her description before the auction ends! :LOL: Her description sounds like her lawyer wrote it. :blink: It's a kitchen caddy made by kitchen carosel [tm].

Turn her in and leave really bad feedback!

Last edited:
jennyema said:
I just "asked the seller" whether it turned or not!

Because she wants to be able to correct her description before the auction ends! :LOL: Her description sounds like her lawyer wrote it. :blink: It's a kitchen caddy made by kitchen carosel [tm].

Turn her in and leave really bad feedback!

:ROFLMAO: You are so good you are baddddd!

I don't believe I have EVER seen a kitchen caddy like that that did NOT turn and none has EVER been made. She is getting around it. Doesn't matter if it was something expensive or inexpensive, she knew what she was doing. We can all play stupid if we have to. And has Kitchen Carousel EVER made one of these that DID NOT TURN??????????? I don't think so. I would be so ticked!!!!!!!!!! I'd try to get e-bay to make her pay your return shipping!!!!!!!!!

I will definitely take your advice Elf and everybody else who was kind enough to comment!

We will see what happens....and I will let you guys all know.

Hey Choc, when I saw the pic, I too thought it rotates. But to play devil's advocate, I think the seller may just not be familiar w/ kitchen gadgets and is clueless. She did say that it was the brand.

So did she update the description AFTER you made your bid and sent your email? If not, she does sound like a lawyer! I'm thinking maybe she's made mistakes like this before...:neutral:

htc said:
Hey Choc, when I saw the pic, I too thought it rotates. But to play devil's advocate, I think the seller may just not be familiar w/ kitchen gadgets and is clueless. She did say that it was the brand.

So did she update the description AFTER you made your bid and sent your email? If not, she does sound like a lawyer! I'm thinking maybe she's made mistakes like this before...:neutral:

In all honesty, I sniped the bid at the last second! This was the same description as at first.

I have 3 more of these that function as they are supposed to [rotate freely], so I had no clue this one would not have the revolving part on it.

It looks like that part has been removed.

You sure can Andy! The turntable circle part is hooked on these holes in the bottom.

The holes are there, but the turntable circle with the ball bearings aren't attached.

I'm surprised at the seller's response to you. Most are usually really good about responding if there is a problem. I'm trying to think if I've ever seen one of these that don't rotate, I don't think I have...

BTW, did you mention to her that you saw the part where the turntable goes? Maybe if you take a pic and send it to her, she'll realize where you are coming from.

Back
Top Bottom