Corded Meat Thermometer suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lefty7887

Sous Chef
Can you guys/gals suggest a corded meat thermometer? I have done some surfing but I'm not able to narrow it down with what I have seen.

TIA

I just purchased one of these You can attach different probes here So you can have different probes for different uses.

It does not have the remote feature as some other units but I always left my remote next to the base anyway.

Whatever one you can find that takes real batteries (aa/aaa) and costs less than $20. These things have short shelf-lifes.

This Thermoworks looks almost exactly like the Sunbeam I got out of BBB for a few bucks less. Only difference is the buttons are gray and a different logo.

TW362b_lg.jpg

That unit is made in China, I think, and rebadged under a few names. Polder has one that is the same too.

I love these things!

Two important things to remember: first, it's the tip of the probe that senses the temperature, so make sure that the tip doesn't go through your meat and touch a hot rack or cooking grate. Second, do NOT let the probe/cable connection touch water!!! It can be submersed in cooking oil, but not water.

Lee

Actually Lee, depending on the thermometer you get some of them register the heat higher up then others. That is one reason I like my Thermapen. It is very close to the tip. Some others are a bit further up the shaft.

I was at a kitchen supply outlet today and they recommended that I go to our local Loblaws grocery (Canada only I think) and get one of their thermometers, under the Presidents Choice brand. I did and I used it to cook a nice prime rib roast. I was out, so my wife only had to take it out when it beeped at 145 f . The roast was perfect and the cordless thermometer only cost me $25.

I've been meaning to post,

Theres an irritant with the above thermometer, if the timer bar (long bar on bottom) is pressed to hard, which isn't very hard, the timer will rock off it's magnets.

Back
Top Bottom