Dear Santa: Gifts for the cook...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
I thought this might be a fun thread for ideas, both for the things you'd like to have, and gifts you'll be giving.

My older son doesn't have a knife block for his drawer full of dull knives. :wacko: The SousChef sharpened them all for him when we were there thanksgiving, and I just ordered this knife block to be delivered to his door free from Amazon, asap. He needs it now, before we return to his house for Christmas. ;) This block looks and sounds like a good thing. Does anyone have it?

Amazon.com: Kapoosh Dice Knife Block, Bamboo Wood: Universal Knife Block: Kitchen & Dining

It is good to act/ buy something when you first discover the idea. I used to have a magnetic strip attached between the top cupboards and counter. Always bumping the knives off. Yes, I use, and like the knife block I have now. Got it at an estate sale.

I had a wooden twist type wine opener, the only metal was the actual screw. It, and my wooden handled pizza cutter both broke the same week this summer. I bought a new wine opener, it's still un-used. I thought I would put a pizza cutter on my wish list, and just use a sharp knife for now. Something the kids can get. I don't like them spending too much.
I might suggest they shop at Penzeys for something special and just surprise me.

For the Jr's I am getting them some Bbq tools, including a better thongs . They both grill cook.

For Dx I am buying her a more functional instant read thermometer for sure. I'm sure she will make a wish list too. Us guys do better with a list in hand.

Last edited:
I had a Kapoosh and liked it, but it did not hold my entire collection of knives I use, it just gets tighter till you can't pu in another knife.

I killed my instant read thermometer...need to get a couple more.

I'm getting my new mom daughter a rice cooker. She's starting to cook again, and is finding that her crock pot is a wonderful device with a new baby, as it can be ignored as needed (the crock pot, not the baby!). A rice cooker is in the same category.

I used to think a rice cooker was an unnecessary special purpose device until I got one. Now I wish I would have bought one decades ago.

I don't think ANY thong provides enough coverage for grilling. Or are you talking about flip flops? :)

Sorry, couldn't resist. :chef:

O my. I wasn't aware Victoria's Secret sells BBQ equipment. I wonder if I should get matching (see through) aprons. Does VS even sell stuff for guys. I was thinking a trip to Home Depot, now I have to make a detour.:LOL:

Now back to our regular program....

The Rice Cooker seems a good idea! we have a new grandbaby too.

Last edited:
O my. I wasn't aware Victoria's Secret sells BBQ equipment. I wonder if I should get matching (see through) aprons. Does VS even sell stuff for guys. I was thinking a trip to Home Depot, now I have to make a detour.:LOL:

Now back to our regular program....

Pretty funny. Maybe these posts should be moved to "Today's Funny." :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I thought this might be a fun thread for ideas, both for the things you'd like to have, and gifts you'll be giving.

My older son doesn't have a knife block for his drawer full of dull knives. :wacko: The SousChef sharpened them all for him when we were there thanksgiving, and I just ordered this knife block to be delivered to his door free from Amazon, asap. He needs it now, before we return to his house for Christmas. ;) This block looks and sounds like a good thing. Does anyone have it?

Amazon.com: Kapoosh Dice Knife Block, Bamboo Wood: Universal Knife Block: Kitchen & Dining

That looks nice, I bet he'll love it. And your other son needs a turkey baster and gravy separator, don't forget to add those to your list! :LOL:

Hmmm...I'll have to give this some thought. My girls like to give me kitchen/cooking things for Christmas. :chef: My youngest girl likes to receive them as well. Christmas is sneaking up on me!

Last edited:
I was thinking of stuff for MY KITCHEN! when I read the title of this thread...

Dear Santa,
I really need two fish spatulas, of which I have never had and I think that they would serve a greater purpose as I cook fish quite a bit.
Along that line Santa, could you also include in my stocking a new Gas Grill, seeing as mine died. I'd certainly enjoy a Weber Spirit 310 grill as well.

Back
Top Bottom