deBuyer La Mandoline

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mkaylady

Senior Cook
Is anyone familiar with the deBuyer Mandoline and the various models available? I purchased a deBuyer La Mandoline at the Tuesday Morning store at a good price. I hadn't used it yet when I was in that store again and they had gotten in another model called La Mandoline Ultra for only $10 more. The Ultra dices and the other one does not. I purchased that one and am now deciding which one to return. I have not tried either one yet. The deBuyer website lists the Ultra but says nothing about the plain La Madoline.

I also had no luck finding reviews of La Mandoline. I did find reviews on the Ultra and found a few people who said the dicing mechanism got in the way when slicing but at the same time more others gave the Ultra 5 stars. I am so confused at this point that I would appreciate input from anyone who has any knowledge of these products or where I could look for more info.

I'll be watching with you for answers because I know nothing about mandolines except I've seen them used on FoodNetwork. I might just look for a salad shooter. I used one several times, and it was fun!

Nobody familiar with the deBuyer Mandolines? I am just trying to determine whether it is worth it to keep the one that also dices. I don't know if I would use that feature much but for $10 more it seems like a good buy and would be a plus.

One way to find out is to try them. Some stores would take them back if there is a problem even after you use it but I don't know about Tuesday Morning store in that regard.

Well, I kept the La Mandoline Ultra and returned the other one. The one I kept also dices so I sincerely hope I made the right choice and don't have a problem with this one being more difficult to use.

Back
Top Bottom