Did you know?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought one of those rolls at Costco when I was in college, it's still going strong and that was almost 20 years ago.

We bought one from Sam's quite a few years ago. We used it for at least 5 years before moving out of the US, and because we were uncertain when we might move back, we bought a spare. Now more than 2 years later we are back in Colorado and the spare one still hasn't been opened. :rolleyes:

I knew they were there, but never use them because I never have a problem with the roll trying to escape the box. Then again, the hand I hold the box with has my thumb firmly planted on the lid. Of course, I had to do an inventory of my roll boxes. They are there on the Reynolds wraps, but not on their parchment paper. Tabs run about 50% on my boxes. Mostly, name brands have them, house and off brands don't.

Parchment and waxed paper are slippery so they come out of the box more easily.

Parchment and waxed paper are slippery so they come out of the box more easily.

I don't use wax paper often, so my present roll is forever. But I know the next time I do use it, it will be the last sheet on the roll. So before I open my new roll, I will take my Ex-Acto knife and cut those punch-ins myself, but a little larger than what they would give you. I wonder what if; I cut two smaller ones. One on the top of the roll and one on the bottom. Hmmm. :angel:

Addie, cut one big one on each side so the tab extends into the core deeper. That way, if the roll shifts left or right in the box, you won't have a problem with one end popping out.

Addie, cut one big one on each side so the tab extends into the core deeper. That way, if the roll shifts left or right in the box, you won't have a problem with one end popping out.

Good idea. I like your thinking Andy. Thanks bunches. :angel:

We use the BIG roll of plastic wrap from Costco too.
We right the date we put the roll into service. The last roll lasted well over two(2) years.
We use it every single day. Great bargain and the stuff seems to have no end.
I like the slide cutter option as well.

Never noticed the tabs on the side. I will look next time I'm in the kitchen. If I can remember.

We buy the smaller 2 pack, 750ft. each, that's more manageable in my little kitchen. I really like the Stretch Tight, it's less likely to stick to itself, but sticks to bowls and stuff quite well.

If I had the space, I would buy that really big roll!

:ROFLMAO: Oh Dear! I think I have the ultimate large roll. It came from a restaurant that was closing and just fits into my cabinet standing on end. It is great if you want to shrink wrap a large piece of equipment. Just use a blow dryer on it after the item is wrapped. If this roll were to tip over and land on your toe, you would have a broken toe. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom