Do cheese and vegetable graters get dull over time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't you just love websites that make you register, Caslon? :glare:

The zester on the right is the one I use for citrus, and for finely grated cheese; the one in the middle for a coarser cheese grate or grated garlic or onion:

Useful01_rect5401.jpg

I'm still trying to justify buying more of the Microplane graters just because they work so nice. :whistling:

I understand that's how snails can carve away at plants as they have rasp-like mouth parts..........ok.......totally useless knowledge.......:) but you never know ......

Hey, that's a fact that I didn't know. I always thought they were just garden pests. :angel:

They're not pests. They're food for birds! :LOL:

And ground squirrels! (Which are also pests). I find empty snail shells daily. The only redeeming quality of these disgusting little rodents.

I have three microplane graters, think I may have purchased them from the original seller, Lee Valley. I probably use them daily.

Last edited:
And ground squirrels! (Which are also pests). I find empty snail shells daily. The only redeeming quality of these disgusting little rodents.

I have three microplane graters, think I may have purchased them from the original seller, Lee Valley. I probably use them daily.

I think the slime trail they leave is disgusting. When I lived in Hawaii, I always went out with a salt shaker in my hand. A few times I got the salt box and covered the patio with it. :angel:

Actually if you let them get big enough, lots of garlic, butter and country bread... YUM YUM YUM YUM.... :D

and I forgot.... perriwinkles!

"Certified" graters? What a bunch of hooey, lol. From the reviews I've read, Microplane makes some of the finest graters on the market. I bet those who certify a kitchen product do so arbitrarily.

P.S. My Cuisipro 3 way grater arrived today. I haven't used it yet. I bet it puts my 40 year old EKCO 3 way grater to shame.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom