"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cook's Tools

Old 02-17-2009, 09:32 AM   #1
Sous Chef

Question Does Anyone use a juicer?

I have been thinking about buying a juicer. Does anyone have an opinion on a good moderate priced one and which type is the best? I won't need it for wheatgrass type things. Just veggies and fruit.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:43 AM   #2
Head Chef

I'm very interested in hearing about juicers and I might be in the market for one. TIA ~Bliss

Old 02-17-2009, 10:02 AM   #3
Sous Chef

Hi there,
We've been using Jack Lalanne's Cl-003AP juicer for 3 years now, found it to be an excellant purchase. We use everyday, it will juice most fruits & veggies, taking off the skin at the same time. Very quick, efficient, & hard wearing. One tip: there is a receptical provided for collecting the peel & pith etc, we just put a throw-away bag in its place, then there's no mess or washing up for that . Just make sure it's dishwasher safe.
Here's a link that may help:
The Official Site : Jack LaLanne's Power Juicer Classic - As Seen On TV
Old 02-17-2009, 10:56 AM   #4
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by les View Post
Hi there,
We've been using Jack Lalanne's Cl-003AP juicer for 3 years now, found it to be an excellant purchase. We use everyday, it will juice most fruits & veggies, taking off the skin at the same time. Very quick, efficient, & hard wearing. One tip: there is a receptical provided for collecting the peel & pith etc, we just put a throw-away bag in its place, then there's no mess or washing up for that . Just make sure it's dishwasher safe.
Do you wash the items before you juice? When I juice carrots, normally I scrub before I throw them in juicer. Have very old juicer.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:45 AM   #5
Assistant Cook

I wanted fresh lemon juice for my meal last night. So I took a lemon, cut a hole in the end with a cross-hair cut and put some muscle into the squeeze, Arnold Schwarzenegger style. I used a hand juicer when I lived at a place with an orange tree, fresh REAL orange juice is so delicious. I can not afford kitchen appliances so I have to do everything old-fashioned like.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:01 PM   #6
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by les View Post
Hi there,
Hi Les, I looked over the website but they don't give the model numbers. They have juicers from $100 to $150, power, pro, elite, etc. Do you know which one you have? Do you think it is worth it to buy a top model over the bottom model? Thank you for your post!
Old 02-17-2009, 12:26 PM   #7
Sous Chef

I was considering the Jack L Stainless Steel Pro
Old 02-17-2009, 01:05 PM   #8
Senior Cook

I used to have a juicer but found it was a waste of money. Unless you are really, really IN to making lots of juice daily, I say don't waste your money. I made a pretty good profit in the garage sale for it though, lol
Old 02-17-2009, 01:09 PM   #9
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen View Post
Do you wash the items before you juice? When I juice carrots, normally I scrub before I throw them in juicer. Have very old juicer.
We just wash them and remove any marks
Old 02-17-2009, 01:12 PM   #10
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful View Post
Hi Les, I looked over the website but they don't give the model numbers. They have juicers from $100 to $150, power, pro, elite, etc. Do you know which one you have? Do you think it is worth it to buy a top model over the bottom model? Thank you for your post!
Okay, the model is what I quoted, I bought from John Lewis as they were the only shop selling it, it cost about 90, but they are cheaper on line now, if you go to the link I set up, it's the white model in the middle of the picture, hope that helps