Does Anyone use a juicer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JGDean

Sous Chef
I have been thinking about buying a juicer. Does anyone have an opinion on a good moderate priced one and which type is the best? I won't need it for wheatgrass type things. Just veggies and fruit.

I'm very interested in hearing about juicers and I might be in the market for one. TIA ~Bliss

Hi there,
We've been using Jack Lalanne's Cl-003AP juicer for 3 years now, found it to be an excellant purchase. We use everyday, it will juice most fruits & veggies, taking off the skin at the same time. Very quick, efficient, & hard wearing. One tip: there is a receptical provided for collecting the peel & pith etc, we just put a throw-away bag in its place, then there's no mess or washing up for that . Just make sure it's dishwasher safe.
Here's a link that may help:
The Official Site : Jack LaLanne's Power Juicer Classic - As Seen On TV

Hi there,
We've been using Jack Lalanne's Cl-003AP juicer for 3 years now, found it to be an excellant purchase. We use everyday, it will juice most fruits & veggies, taking off the skin at the same time. Very quick, efficient, & hard wearing. One tip: there is a receptical provided for collecting the peel & pith etc, we just put a throw-away bag in its place, then there's no mess or washing up for that . Just make sure it's dishwasher safe.

Do you wash the items before you juice? When I juice carrots, normally I scrub before I throw them in juicer. Have very old juicer.

I wanted fresh lemon juice for my meal last night. So I took a lemon, cut a hole in the end with a cross-hair cut and put some muscle into the squeeze, Arnold Schwarzenegger style. I used a hand juicer when I lived at a place with an orange tree, fresh REAL orange juice is so delicious. I can not afford kitchen appliances so I have to do everything old-fashioned like.

Hi there,
Hi Les, I looked over the website but they don't give the model numbers. They have juicers from $100 to $150, power, pro, elite, etc. Do you know which one you have? Do you think it is worth it to buy a top model over the bottom model? Thank you for your post! :)

I used to have a juicer but found it was a waste of money. Unless you are really, really IN to making lots of juice daily, I say don't waste your money. I made a pretty good profit in the garage sale for it though, lol

Hi Les, I looked over the website but they don't give the model numbers. They have juicers from $100 to $150, power, pro, elite, etc. Do you know which one you have? Do you think it is worth it to buy a top model over the bottom model? Thank you for your post! :)
Okay, the model is what I quoted, I bought from John Lewis as they were the only shop selling it, it cost about £90, but they are cheaper on line now, if you go to the link I set up, it's the white model in the middle of the picture, hope that helps :)

I used to have a juicer but found it was a waste of money. Unless you are really, really IN to making lots of juice daily, I say don't waste your money. I made a pretty good profit in the garage sale for it though, lol

I have found that if you leave the juicer out on the worktop, you tend to use it, it's a bit like bread maker machines, if you put it away in the cupboard it becomes redundant, I leave it out now so we both use it everyday:)

Okay, the model is what I quoted, I bought from John Lewis as they were the only shop selling it, it cost about £90, but they are cheaper on line now, if you go to the link I set up, it's the white model in the middle of the picture, hope that helps :)
Thanks Les!

[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/choclatechef/DECORATING/KITCHEN/VOLLRATH%20

I have one juicer I use for citrus. It looks like this one.

img_793290_0_1381b8cb23021a7381d03426086972cc.jpg

One I use for when I get lots of free fruit like gunny sacks of apples, etc. It is a Mehu Maija steam juicer.

img_793290_1_d4b3919225bc281e4d940ee4f9b29afd.jpg

And one for small amounts of juicing. A Champion juicer with an optional grain mill.

img_793290_2_72f1c4b02e6f9b1133fca3e98a388d80.jpg

And I do have several Kitchenaid citrus juicers.

img_793290_3_6dff2b3695889666405094bc9071b049.jpg

img_793290_4_52eb72a9a25e0eebb8f3167d88b56cef.jpg

I have been thinking about buying a juicer. Does anyone have an opinion on a good moderate priced one and which type is the best? I won't need it for wheatgrass type things. Just veggies and fruit.

A couple of my aunts have a Jack Lalanne juicer - it sits on their counter and is used nearly everyday. But, they have a garden so they don't have to pay the higher prices for veggies at the store ... and one of my aunts is a "food chemist" (she reads all kinds of health magazines and is constantly changing the formula of her juice mixture based on the latest article).

I thought about getting one ... but then I slapped myself in the forehead and said .... "I could have a V8!"

I bought the Jack Lalanne Pro. It works very well but it is not for me. What I really needed to do was buy a killer blender. I am not paying $30.00 to send it back. I guess I will put it on Craig's list and see if a serious juicer will want it.

Black & Decker at Walmart for ~$40

I bought a BnD at WM for around $40. Just make sure the waste bin is plugged in all the way or it won't start. Its quieter than the Juiceman Jr I used to have but the hole is smaller and I have to cut carrots in 1/2. I like to do romain lettuce and carrots first thing in the AM. The more green the better. I do 2 heads of romain lettuce and about 10 or so carrots. It makes about 1 quart. The green stuff is what picks you up and the carrots just make it not so harsh. Its like spinach to Popeye. I drink it over a period of about 2 hours (I take it to work) and I'm not hungry for the rest of the day, have plenty of energy and don't need any coffee. Not hungry means I don't get tired. I do have temptations when I go by a fast food rest. and smell something cooking. The other thing I do is cantelope and blueberries. If you can juice for 3 days without anything else like burgers or fries, and just drink water, its a good way to detoxify. After the 1st day the hunger pains go away. That's easy for me to say.Dan

Back
Top Bottom