Duralex "mini bowls" as seen on many cooking shows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rjx

Assistant Cook
These are those little mini bowls that you see on Emeril and many other cooking shows. The chefs use them for their prepped (minced, chopped, diced, nuts, liquids, etc) ingredients and when they are demonstrating they just grab the bowl and dump them into what they are making.

This seems like mission impossible for me. About 2 years ago I found sets of 3 bowls (the smallest Duralex sizes) at the supermarket and I bought 3 sets. Since then I have found them NO WHERE!

Well, I found them at one place ... William Sonoma, BUT they only have those bowls in bigger sets. So to get the 3 sizes I want, I would need to buy sets of 7 (I think it was). I wanted like 5 more sets, so buying 5 sets of 7 is not going to happen for me since I don't need the bigger sizes.

I have searched google, amazon, and ebay with no luck. Does anyone know where I can get the sets of 3?

Thanks. :chef:

I find and like chinese rice bowls for this purpose. Decorative and multifunctional, ice cream, veggie dips, I don't know the price comparison but they work for me and for other uses. Just Google in Chinese rice bowls and see what you think.

I use ramekins. They come with every set of pyrex, corningware, or any other oven proof dish sets you buy or receive as gifts, so I have them coming out of my ears. I have never run out.

Other than that, the best place to buy little bowls like that is Cost Plus World Market. They have ramekins in just about any size you'd want.

Caine said:
I use ramekins. They come with every set of pyrex, corningware, or any other oven proof dish sets you buy or receive as gifts, so I have them coming out of my ears. I have never run out.

Other than that, the best place to buy little bowls like that is Cost Plus World Market. They have ramekins in just about any size you'd want.

I love ramekins for prepped ingredients and for garnishes. They're the perfect size, and you can buy them separately. I have about half a dozen. I do also like Chinese rice bowls, especially when the ingredients might overflow my little ramekins.

I use pyrex and stainless steel bowls which I get from Williams Sonoma and I don't know what they are called.

They fit my needs very well and I am happy with them.

bevkile said:
I find and like chinese rice bowls for this purpose. Decorative and multifunctional, ice cream, veggie dips, I don't know the price comparison but they work for me and for other uses. Just Google in Chinese rice bowls and see what you think.

Also, you might want to try the mini prep bowls made by Tools of the Trade. They are a durable melamine material and are dishwasher safe. I got those from Macy's. They come in a set of six.

Yes and speaking of Chinese or Asian food, most recipes would have you prep everything first so that it can be thrown into the hot pan or wok, especially when stir-frying because it cooks very quickly.

Corey123.

Don't tempt me to get that set. I'm already a bowl freak and have enough bowls in the house, large and small.

~Corey123.

rjx said:
These are those little mini bowls that you see on Emeril and many other cooking shows. The chefs use them for their prepped (minced, chopped, diced, nuts, liquids, etc) ingredients and when they are demonstrating they just grab the bowl and dump them into what they are making.

This seems like mission impossible for me. About 2 years ago I found sets of 3 bowls (the smallest Duralex sizes) at the supermarket and I bought 3 sets. Since then I have found them NO WHERE!

Well, I found them at one place ... William Sonoma, BUT they only have those bowls in bigger sets. So to get the 3 sizes I want, I would need to buy sets of 7 (I think it was). I wanted like 5 more sets, so buying 5 sets of 7 is not going to happen for me since I don't need the bigger sizes.

I have searched google, amazon, and ebay with no luck. Does anyone know where I can get the sets of 3?

Thanks. :chef:

There are also a number of different prep bowl sets at cooking.com under the cooks tools - specialty tools menu. :chef:

BBB also has a whole slew of bowls for the very serious bowl freak!:chef: I've bought at least three sets from there.

Dope and seroius ones that will make you want to buy them all! They also carry the largest selection of kitchen gadgets that I've even seen in my life all at once.

~Corey123.

kitchenelf said:
I love bowls too corey! I have had to do some serious curbing - out of space/room for ANY more!!!!

I had to buy a shelf rack unit from Target just to be able to accommodate the extra bowls!! I think now there's no more room for any more bowls.

So maybe now, I can't buy any more bowls.

~Corey123.

Last edited:
When I was in the Netherlands a couple years ago eating with a group of about 12, all of us had those little duralex bowls as ramekins. I bought a couple from the restaurant - should've bought more cuz I love em too. They are so . . . durable!

Mario's line of cookware has a cute set of colored prep bowls with measurements on the side--mixed color in one set of his funky colors. It would make a nice gift for a cook you know.

Too bad you don't live in Cincinnati. I was in a local cooking supply store and they had the 3 smallest duralex bowls selling separately. I got a few of the smallest ones for $1.55 each.

No problem. Would have included whole url but I have not posted 20+ times. Should work by cutting and pasting into browser, if not add www

amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000QEMWEM/ref=ord_cart_shr?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=A11XC343F560ZF&v=glance

Thanks for bringing up topic it was easy to find with the information you gave. I like the Emeril bowls as well, there are multiple sizes found on Amazon. I can give those links as well if you like.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom