Egg Rings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PriFi and Chopper; Look to the sky. Virtual snowballs are headed your way. As they are virtual, they will pass through your home without harming the building in any way. They are fluffy, and made of powdery snow that somehow sticks together to make the perfect snowball. And they are aimed to hit you on the left ear, instantly melt, and dribble down, into your shirt.:LOL:

You will have to build your very own virtual snowball cannon to lob virtual snowballs back. And I/m gonna say it ahead of time, because I'm so fast in the virtual world: Ya missed me, na na na na na naa na.:ROFLMAO:

If you spray your egg rings with cooking oil, dip them into hot oil, until they are hot, you can then dip them into a medium thick pancake batter, letting it fry around the ring, and then back into the oil until the pastry releases from the ring. Remove the light and crisp pastry from the hot oil when its lightly browned and crisp, and dust with powdered sugar, and cinnamon, or top with something you love to put on such delicate pastries, like squeeze cheese, or honey, or freezer jam, or ranch dip; well, you get the idea.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Oh my gosh. I wondered what that was that hit my ear!!!! There was no one around who could have sprayed me with a squirt gun. I am now working on my cannon...don't know where to aim it.........?

There's a wet spot on the couch...must have come while I was out shopping.

Aim...release>>>>>>>>

Attachments

• michigan.jpg
    michigan.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 242
There's a wet spot on the couch...must have come while I was out shopping.

Aim...release>>>>>>>>

I see you're aiming for St. Ignace. Nyuk nyuk nyuk. Aim a little more North. I'm about 4 miles due south of the st. Mary's river, by about a mile east of the International bridge.

Better luck next time. Oh, and PriFi, I've got the next one aimed for your shower. What time do you want your brisk, wake me up, snowball? And don't get me shooting when Shrek's in the shower. It might give the poor guy reason to do something mean to your pillow. He is an ogre after all.:LOL:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I see you're aiming for St. Ignace. Nyuk nyuk nyuk. Aim a little more North. I'm about 4 miles due south of the st. Mary's river, by about a mile east of the International bridge.

Better luck next time. Oh, and PriFi, I've got the next one aimed for your shower. What time do you want your brisk, wake me up, snowball? And don't get me shooting when Shrek's in the shower. It might give the poor guy reason to do something mean to your pillow. He is an ogre after all.:LOL:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Jabber, jabber, jabber! Recalculating>>>>>>>>

Attachments

• recalculating.jpg
    recalculating.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 195
LOL
Aiming my new cannon right at Michigan, now I just need to wait until it snows again!

Last edited:
a thick, round-shaped fried egg is perfect for a muffin or biscuit style sandwich. but when it comes to making eggs that lie flat on your plate, i still prefer to have my easy-over eggs spread far and wide in the pan to allow for the largest expanse of egg white surrounding those ooey-gooey yolks.... :)

I've been putting the ring in the CI skillet and spraying some Crisco oil on it. I haven't had a stuck egg while lifting it off since. Plus it gives the cooking surface a little oil before cracking the egg. And I will be doing just that very shortly here.

That is a good idea too Pac :)

a thick, round-shaped fried egg is perfect for a muffin or biscuit style sandwich. but when it comes to making eggs that lie flat on your plate, i still prefer to have my easy-over eggs spread far and wide in the pan to allow for the largest expanse of egg white surrounding those ooey-gooey yolks.... :)

Yep. Gotta have the egg spread far and wide when making an egg sandwich with regular bread. I always "kill" the yoke after flipping.

Thanks Kylie. The spray oil seems to stick to the ring better than wiping oil on with my finger.

Here's a sandwich for you, Vit.
It's a good vid, but I find it amazing that someone would post a recipe for making an egg sandwich, especially one so simple. I mean c'mon... put some butter on that toast and tobasco on the egg! :LOL:
Give someone a video camera and and a youtube account and they go to town :rolleyes:
How to...Make a Killer Fried Egg Sandwich - YouTube

Here's a sandwich for you, Vit.
It's a good vid, but I find it amazing that someone would post a recipe for making an egg sandwich, especially one so simple. I mean c'mon... put some butter on that toast and tobasco on the egg! :LOL:
Give someone a video camera and and a youtube account and they go to town :rolleyes:
How to...Make a Killer Fried Egg Sandwich - YouTube

aww yeah! get out that pepper mill and hot sauce, let's do this thing right! better still, a bit of duck fat to fry those eggs really proper....:yum:

I always break the yoke when I'm frying egg for a sandwich. I usually stir it around a bit too. Then I put a lid on the pan so the white over the yoke gets fully cooked. I don't bother putting any water on the pan. I have never found that necessary, enough steam comes off the egg to do the trick.

Back
Top Bottom