"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cook's Tools

Old 11-03-2012, 10:05 AM   #41
Master Chef

PriFi and Chopper; Look to the sky. Virtual snowballs are headed your way. As they are virtual, they will pass through your home without harming the building in any way. They are fluffy, and made of powdery snow that somehow sticks together to make the perfect snowball. And they are aimed to hit you on the left ear, instantly melt, and dribble down, into your shirt.

You will have to build your very own virtual snowball cannon to lob virtual snowballs back. And I/m gonna say it ahead of time, because I'm so fast in the virtual world: Ya missed me, na na na na na naa na.

If you spray your egg rings with cooking oil, dip them into hot oil, until they are hot, you can then dip them into a medium thick pancake batter, letting it fry around the ring, and then back into the oil until the pastry releases from the ring. Remove the light and crisp pastry from the hot oil when its lightly browned and crisp, and dust with powdered sugar, and cinnamon, or top with something you love to put on such delicate pastries, like squeeze cheese, or honey, or freezer jam, or ranch dip; well, you get the idea.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #42
Executive Chef

Oh my gosh. I wondered what that was that hit my ear!!!! There was no one around who could have sprayed me with a squirt gun. I am now working on my cannon...don't know where to aim it.........?

Old 11-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #43
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Oh my gosh. I wondered what that was that hit my ear!!!! There was no one around who could have sprayed me with a squirt gun. I am now working on my cannon...don't know where to aim it.........?
Heehehehehehe! Now who's my next target?

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Old 11-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #44
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

There's a wet spot on the couch...must have come while I was out shopping.

Aim...release>>>>>>>>
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	michigan.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	16191  
Old 11-03-2012, 08:42 PM   #45
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
There's a wet spot on the couch...must have come while I was out shopping.

Aim...release>>>>>>>>
I see you're aiming for St. Ignace. Nyuk nyuk nyuk. Aim a little more North. I'm about 4 miles due south of the st. Mary's river, by about a mile east of the International bridge.

Better luck next time. Oh, and PriFi, I've got the next one aimed for your shower. What time do you want your brisk, wake me up, snowball? And don't get me shooting when Shrek's in the shower. It might give the poor guy reason to do something mean to your pillow. He is an ogre after all.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Old 11-03-2012, 08:47 PM   #46
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
I see you're aiming for St. Ignace. Nyuk nyuk nyuk. Aim a little more North. I'm about 4 miles due south of the st. Mary's river, by about a mile east of the International bridge.

Better luck next time. Oh, and PriFi, I've got the next one aimed for your shower. What time do you want your brisk, wake me up, snowball? And don't get me shooting when Shrek's in the shower. It might give the poor guy reason to do something mean to your pillow. He is an ogre after all.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Jabber, jabber, jabber! Recalculating>>>>>>>>
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	recalculating.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	16192  
Old 11-03-2012, 11:02 PM   #47
Executive Chef

LOL
Aiming my new cannon right at Michigan, now I just need to wait until it snows again!
Old 11-03-2012, 11:05 PM   #48
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
LOL
Aiming my new cannon right at Michigan, now I just need to wait until it snows again!
I still have a dozen from last year.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #49
Executive Chef

a thick, round-shaped fried egg is perfect for a muffin or biscuit style sandwich. but when it comes to making eggs that lie flat on your plate, i still prefer to have my easy-over eggs spread far and wide in the pan to allow for the largest expanse of egg white surrounding those ooey-gooey yolks.... :)
Old 11-06-2012, 11:31 PM   #50
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I've been putting the ring in the CI skillet and spraying some Crisco oil on it. I haven't had a stuck egg while lifting it off since. Plus it gives the cooking surface a little oil before cracking the egg. And I will be doing just that very shortly here.
That is a good idea too Pac

Tags
egg