Egg separator pro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Healesville Cook

Assistant Cook
Hello Everyone.
I found your discussion forum whilst looking for industrial egg separators. Does anyone have any suggestions for me please? I've seen the Egg separator pro. $345 plus a whopping $400 to get it to Australia. Is it worth the money? Do they work well? (Alternately, I'm considering getting one made). Does anyone know if I can bypass pastrychef and go direct to the manufacturers to perhaps get it cheaper. All I can find out is that they're made in Canada.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks.
Regards, Scarlet.:chef:

Thanks for the welcome FutbolMom.
We make ice cream with the yolks and meringues with the whites, thus we separate a lot of eggs! People say it is quite meditational separating them by hand but I think it could be much faster with one of these gadgets. I've found someone locally to make me one and hopefully it will work out cheaper.

I've seen single egg separators that look like little, slotted cups, why not something similar but bigger? Like break your eggs into a bowl to catch broken yolks before they bleed into the whites, then pour them into a colander with large, like 1/4" holes? Or am I missing something here? OK, I found a picture of the $345 Egg Separator Pro. I think you could make one yourself, without welding or major sheet metal tools, for under $50. Easy. Hacksaw, 4" grinder, electric drill and some bits, maybe a couple of files and the material, about 2 sq. ft. of 1/8" (or even a bit thinner) stainless steel and about 8 nuts, bolts and washers or pop rivets, and a vise and ball peen hammer or rubber mallet (or both).

Last edited:
You're quite right Gadzooks. I've shown the picture to a local engineering firm who specialize in stainless steel. Hopefully they can fabricate one up for me. Because we make our stuff on a commercial scale (albeit a small one), the equipment needs to be relatively seemless and easily washable. I don't think I could make one that would be as good. The colander style idea has merit too - I might try it. The problem I forsee with the colander is once you have a number of eggs in there they will probably start to break up and leak yolk through the holes. The egg separator pro has an advantage because it slides each yolk out of the way.

That sure is a fancy seperator thingy- Sometimes I just crack all the eggs into a bowl then scoop out all of the yolks with my fingers. It seems easier then seperating them one at a time.

Wow, the Egg separator pro is quite a contraption. I just use a funnel. Crack an egg into it, and the white runs out the bottom, while the yoke stays, because it is too big to go down the tube. It's cheap, fast, and easy to use and clean. :)

There is a better way to make this mousetrap yourself. Find isbn: 0-517-531313 and take a look at page 30. The picture photo gives you all that is needed to build your own proffesional egg separator. ENJOY.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom