Ever heard of a Guacamole Masher?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
Masher-Zoom.gif
...just when I thought I knew all there was to know about avocados! I saw this on the "avocado of the month" website. (yes, there really is one)
Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone had ever used one before and their thoughts on it. It says the underside has little serrated teeth.

I've never heard of that. If I'm making a large quantity I use a potato masher. I like lumps left in the avocadoes. If I'm making just a small amount, I just use a fork. I have more kitchen stuff than I can keep up with now.

Well now, that beats everything!!! I'd say as long as your avocados were pretty soft it would be ok - but around here you usually have to take some a bit firm along with some soft ones if you can find them.

It does look like it would leave the guacamole nice and chunky!!

Avocado of the month club :LOL: We can count on you for avocado stuff!!

BTW - I read about the trees you weren't sure about - I am SOOOOOOOOOO jealous!!!

I think it's cool too Jkath!
It would probably work very well on ripe avocados. Probably not so well with ones that aren't. If gadgets don't cost much, I tend to by them, even if they are stupid to other people. If they work, wonderful, if not, then I didn't pay too much anyway.

One thing I've been looking for is a lemon reamer. I suppose I will have to go to a real kitchen store. I got one of those things that works like a garlic press (sorta) for lemons and limes, but it takes a really firm grip and with my arthritis acting up I can't always press that hard. I saw someone use a fork the other day to twist inside the lemon and will try that and see how it works for me. How do you juice a lemon if you are only using one or two?

Licia, I have trouble with that too. I've found that if you get the lemons out of the fridge and let them warm up, then roll them around on the counter, it's easier to get the juice out. The fork thing works pretty well. It also helps to cut them in quarters, as they squeeze more easily that way.
You could always do like Tony Danza, and squeeze them between your teeth! :LOL:

I press and roll the lemon on the countertop then microwave it for 15 seconds. The juice parctically gushes out when I cut it.

Back
Top Bottom