Favorite Kitchen Apps?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GregsterGmo

Assistant Cook
Curious what apps others are using in the kitchen (if any) for tracking recipes, documenting experiments, etc? I've been using Evernote for a long time. What's your favorite?

I am afraid I am just too old and really have no interest to go that far into today's technology. I know what I want when I go shopping. I print out my grocery order that I keep running on my computer and then add something when I need it or run out.

I have a very simple free phone and it lets me make calls and text. That is all I need to do.

Welcome to DC. A fun place to be with lots of info. So please do stick around. We love new members. Looking forward to your contributions. :angel:

Shopping list on my phone.
Bookmarks in the browser on my tablet for recipes.
Google docs to keep track of my spices and cookbooks. I turned the latter into a pdf and store on my tablet. I need to update that list.

I keep shopping lists on my Notes app on iPhone. I make a list with check boxes and check off items as the go into the cart. I have a base list that stays on the phone and I add and subtract as needed.

If I find a recipe I want to make, I copy it to my computer. I had issues early on with recipe links disappearing so I just copy and paste into a MSWord document. If I make the recipe and like it, it reformat the Word doc to my standard recipe format and put it into a three-ring binder.

We use Our Groceries for a synched grocery list. I use Living Cookbook to keep track of my recipes, then print them out and sort them into binders. I also use Evernote to capture recipes when I'm not home (take a photo of a magazine page or clip something I come across online), and then enter it into Living Cookbook later.

I guess I'm a Luddite at heart, I use the back of an old envelope for my shopping list and store my coupons inside of it. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I use OurGroceries, and The Recipe Box. DH writes the grocery list on a post-it note, even though OurGroceries goes directly to his iPhone.

I use Simple Shopping List on my phone, purely for shopping and for far more than just food. I have Living Cookbook on both my desktop and laptop, and I take the laptop into the kitchen when I need to follow a recipe. That is it.

I do have several cooking sites, including this one, bookmarked for quick access.

I guess I'm a Luddite at heart, I use the back of an old envelope for my shopping list and store my coupons inside of it. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Spike does that. We both keep an eye out for coupons. And we will cut them out if we think the other may want it or use it before it expires. :angel:

My app of choice is Paprika. I have in on my Mac, iphone, and ipad. I can easily download recipes from the internet and synchronize between all 3 devices. If I change one, the other two reflect the change instantly!

Mark

I have a map of the store I shop in. Aisle by aisle. So when I go into my shopping list in my computer, I remove what I don't want this month, from last month's shopping, and add what I do need. I take aisles one through 12 and Spike takes the rest of the aisles.

Spike does all my produce and knows exactly what I want. Tomatoes on a vine. He knows no more than 4 tomatoes. Only P.E.I. or Maine potatoes. Etc. His list is on a separate page. Even though I use the scooter for handicap, the dang store is just too big. I get very tired shopping. And besides, the basket on the scooter is too small for all I buy. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom