Favorite kitchen timer and why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pgleason

Assistant Cook
And has anyone used the
Polder Traffic Light Cooking Timer? How does it work?

I'm looking for the ultimate timer...(one that I'll actually use though, not one that can play MP3's, tell me how much I weigh, and sweep the floor)

pete

The ultimate, fail-safe kitchen timer:

When the smoke alarm goes off, IT'S DONE!

If all you want is a timer that counts down an goes ding,any digital timer will work fine.

Caine said:
The ultimate, fail-safe kitchen timer:

When the smoke alarm goes off, IT'S DONE!

HAH! I can't leave the smoke alarm in the kitchen turned on even. Far too sensitive IMO.... :ermm:

Pete, if you find one that does sweep the floor, could you post the link for me? :LOL: I'm serious.

pacanis said:
HAH! I can't leave the smoke alarm in the kitchen turned on even. Far too sensitive IMO.... :ermm:

Pete, if you find one that does sweep the floor, could you post the link for me? :LOL: I'm serious.

rofl, our old smoke alarm turned on the sprinklers after a nano-second. I guess it's kinda fortunate that we no longer live in that house. :ermm:

I too use the built in ones...right there but not in the way, and they keep buggin you till ya turn em off!

I can't stand microwave timers! They just keep beeping and beeping until you turn them off. I want something that beeps once and once only.

I wouldn't be comfortable with a kitchen timer that beeps once only. I might not notice the sound and end up burning the food. A long loud ring is actually the most critical feature I look for in a kitchen timer.

I've run thru perhaps 7 different kitchen timers already in the last 3 years. Most of them broke down on me. I noticed that these were all made in China. The best so far is the one that was made in Japan with a heavy duty magnet in the back for sticking to the range hood. (Sadly my mom kinda commandeered that from me...) The next one I like is a UK brand although still made in China. (I can't find anything else that's NOT made in China!) This one has a long loud ring except that you can hear it ticking so loudly you'd think it's a time bonb! I also have one that's at the end of a long looped cord so I hang it around my neck like I'm a track team coach. That's for when I have to do something away from the kitchen while I'm baking something...

Funny how I ran into both threads. I like my Polder probe thermometer as a timer. Use it when I dye my hair, and haven't gone bald yet!

I got a Pillsbury Dough Boy timer that I've had for years.

Even my Electrolux Assistant has a timer which helps prevent overmixing.

I forgot about a really cute timer I got from Starbucks. Of course it looked like a miniature Starbucks coffee cup. Problem was, I only got to use it twice before it broke. What a waste of money that was!

LUX kitchen timers

:chef: I have two LUX 60 minute kitchen timers that I use all the time in my kitchen. One model is battery operated and beeps for a long time until I shut it off. The other manual model dings once and that's it.

Back
Top Bottom