"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cook's Tools

Old 04-29-2009, 05:20 AM   #11
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooksie View Post
I got to use my favorite little kitchen tool tonight, my immersion blender. I know it's kind of silly, but I just love to pull that thing out and buzz up a sauce. I used it on marinara tonight and had to hold myself back because I sometimes tend to overdo with it. It's just sooooo cool!

My husband loves to use "his" mandoline. Lol, I buzz sauces, and he slices.

Do you have a favorite tool or gadget that just makes you smile and brings you joy when you use it?

I just love coffee so its definitely new my American Home coffeemaker.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:19 PM   #12
Head Chef

My "Holy Trinity"

My 2 KA chrome model G mixers approx 1937
My 2 Robot Coupe commerical food processors
My 2 70's era Vita Mix blenders

One to wear, and one for spare!

The luster of shiny new appliances can't compete with the virtues of Vintage: namely durability, simplicity, superior cooking and a cool retro look. http://leoladyshousecollectiblesandg....blogspot.com/
http://leoladysw.blogspot.com/
Leolady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:51 PM   #13
Senior Cook

I love toys for the kitchen and my kitchen is loaded !!! You got to give it a name ,my immersion blender is buzzer. Yes, I know funny
Old 08-16-2009, 10:49 AM   #14
Cook

Pacojet, thermoblender and rhoner...
Old 08-19-2009, 03:56 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooksie View Post
I got to use my favorite little kitchen tool tonight, my immersion blender. I know it's kind of silly, but I just love to pull that thing out and buzz up a sauce. I used it on marinara tonight and had to hold myself back because I sometimes tend to overdo with it. It's just sooooo cool!

My husband loves to use "his" mandoline. Lol, I buzz sauces, and he slices.

Do you have a favorite tool or gadget that just makes you smile and brings you joy when you use it?
i love mine too. use it as least once a week.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:01 PM   #16
Assistant Cook

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilichip View Post
I love toys for the kitchen and my kitchen is loaded !!! You got to give it a name ,my immersion blender is buzzer. Yes, I know funny
Dear Chilichip:

My DH calls me a gadget freak! Admittedly, I've got a lot. Indeed, I guess I am a gadget freak, I must have a "kizillion" (that ain't no word) spatulas and I have specialized uses for each one. I even have have a stiff long handled spatula for stirring peanut butter and reaming out the corners of the jar. Again, by my DH's decree the immersion blender is my motorboat buzzer. It's fun to use and soooo handy.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:46 PM   #17
Assistant Cook

I love my salt and pepper mills by Stonewall Kitchen that a friend got from here. I'm thinking of getting another set. :)
Old 08-28-2009, 12:55 AM   #18
Senior Cook

I can't cook without a mixer, a processor, a blender and a very sharp cleaver. They have to be my favourite.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:50 AM   #19
Senior Cook

Immersion blender for sure...a close second was my pasta machine, but I don't use it too much now. My soup pot has taken over 2nd place now -- it's beautiful

http://www.homemade-soup-recipes.com/
ErikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:58 AM   #20
Master Chef

So many choices! How can you people narrow it to one? I love my microplane (I have just one marigene ) because of the fine shreds it gives me, and enjoy coffee made in our Cuisinart Grind-and-Brew. I have all kinds of "Mom Memory" items I use because it makes me feel close to her - I especially like her old wooden salad bowl. I think the best thing I have in the kitchen is my 17" flat-screen TV - haven't lost a fingertip yet! But the best of the best is my NordicWare non-stick scone pan. DH loved scones from the first time he tried them when we moved to MA. Took me years to attempt, bought this spiffy looking pan, and they come out better than any we have tried from anywhere! I know it's not me, but the pan.