Favorite Kitchen Tools or Gadgets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooksie

Senior Cook
I got to use my favorite little kitchen tool tonight, my immersion blender. I know it's kind of silly, but I just love to pull that thing out and buzz up a sauce. I used it on marinara tonight and had to hold myself back because I sometimes tend to overdo with it. It's just sooooo cool!

My husband loves to use "his" mandoline. Lol, I buzz sauces, and he slices.

Do you have a favorite tool or gadget that just makes you smile and brings you joy when you use it?

That reminds me of my second favorite gadget/tool, an electric mini-chopper. It minces onions and pickles very fine so it's great for making tartar sauce. Easy to use and easy to clean up, that's what I like. :)

It'd be a toss up, when it comes to electronic gadgets, between my immersion blender and my "salad shooter". The latter is the modern day adaption of a hand-cranked version that was in our house when I was growing up, a wedding present my mom thought was crazy, she'd never use it, and she used and used until the suction cups dried up (that kept it in place on the counter) and the cast aluminum the basic piece was made from started wearing away, and the entire thing fell apart .... at the time she'd given it to me and it was probably 40 years old. I replaced it with a salad shooter, which I use so often that I've had 3 of them and the motor on this one (8 yrs old) is starting to groan when I hit the on button. The immersion blender is my second, and since I don't bake, it has replaced any other kind of mixer I have. SO handy. I make a lot of soups, stews, and sauces, and it's great for putting right into the pot, or in a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup when making salad dressings.

For non electric gadgets, I like the newer silicone "spoonulas".

OH YEAH Cooksie, I absolutely love my immersion blender. My DH laughs at me because sometimes I whip that thing out of the case like I was drawing a gun from it's holster.
Second I would have to agree with Andy M, the fork! What a wonderful invention.

Claire;814078 I like the newer silicone "spoonulas".[/quote said:
Agree - I have one red silicone spoonula, and I love it. I had a salad shooter once upon a time but have no clue what happened to it.

Lol getoutamykitchen--:LOL:

marigene--sounds like you have a whole set--jealous--:-p

In addition to most of the things already mentioned, I like this thing -- it's fun to use, makes quick work of a pile of apples, and the slices are just the right size for pie:

31XG60BTMSL._SS500_.jpg

My 1957 Case XX 8-400 Chef's knife.
It is one of a set my parents got as a wedding present.
Slicing and dicing! wheeee!

I got to use my favorite little kitchen tool tonight, my immersion blender. I know it's kind of silly, but I just love to pull that thing out and buzz up a sauce. I used it on marinara tonight and had to hold myself back because I sometimes tend to overdo with it. It's just sooooo cool!

Do you have a favorite tool or gadget that just makes you smile and brings you joy when you use it?

I just love coffee so its definitely new my American Home coffeemaker.

Last edited by a moderator:
My "Holy Trinity"

My 2 KA chrome model G mixers approx 1937
My 2 Robot Coupe commerical food processors
My 2 70's era Vita Mix blenders

One to wear, and one for spare!

I love toys for the kitchen and my kitchen is loaded !!! You got to give it a name ,my immersion blender is buzzer. Yes, I know funny

i love mine too. use it as least once a week.

I love toys for the kitchen and my kitchen is loaded !!! You got to give it a name ,my immersion blender is buzzer. Yes, I know funny

Dear Chilichip:

My DH calls me a gadget freak! Admittedly, I've got a lot. Indeed, I guess I am a gadget freak, I must have a "kizillion" (that ain't no word) spatulas and I have specialized uses for each one. I even have have a stiff long handled spatula for stirring peanut butter and reaming out the corners of the jar. Again, by my DH's decree the immersion blender is my motorboat buzzer. It's fun to use and soooo handy.

I love my salt and pepper mills by Stonewall Kitchen that a friend got from here. I'm thinking of getting another set. :)

I can't cook without a mixer, a processor, a blender and a very sharp cleaver. They have to be my favourite.

Immersion blender for sure...a close second was my pasta machine, but I don't use it too much now. My soup pot has taken over 2nd place now -- it's beautiful :)

So many choices! How can you people narrow it to one? I love my microplane (I have just one marigene ;)) because of the fine shreds it gives me, and enjoy coffee made in our Cuisinart Grind-and-Brew. I have all kinds of "Mom Memory" items I use because it makes me feel close to her - I especially like her old wooden salad bowl. I think the best thing I have in the kitchen is my 17" flat-screen TV - haven't lost a fingertip yet! But the best of the best is my NordicWare non-stick scone pan. DH loved scones from the first time he tried them when we moved to MA. Took me years to attempt, bought this spiffy looking pan, and they come out better than any we have tried from anywhere! I know it's not me, but the pan.:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom