Food Tweezers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragnlaw

Site Team
Staff member
Does anyone have "food tweezers"? Any recommendations?

Was scrolling thru Amazon and they come in so many different packages, yikes!

Do you have more than one? Do you have different shapes/angles? Straight, offset, bent tip.

What do you find is the best length? Do you have multiple lengths?

What do you use them for the most? Just one use or multiple as in sorting herbs, flipping in pans, placing in plating/decorating?

Before even starting the search I had sort of put a $25.00 (Cdn) cap on it. But the choices are so great it is mind boggling - and I am obviously easily boggled. HELP! :wacko:

I would experiment with a substitute because in my house they would end their days in the back of a kitchen drawer.

For decorating food I would head to the dollar store and look for a small pair of conventional tweezers.

For a bigger job I would try using a pair of chopsticks from the local Chinese restaurant.

Good luck!

I've only had limited recent experience with tweezers. I have a list of inexpensive items for fillers when I need to bring the order total up to the free shipping threshold when there is something that I need fairly quickly, so that's when I ordered tweezers.

I've had these 12" tweezers for 2 months. They are long enough to pick things out of hot pans and pots. Work well for grabbing a single strand of pasta out of a boiling pot to check for doneness, grabbing the missed shell from shrimp in the pan, picking up a food item from the hot stove that missed the pot, grabbing items from deep jars, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000C8T92/

These 6" tweezers just arrived a couple of days ago, and I haven't had the opportunity to use them yet. Appear to be well made, though.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0195V2R4Q/

I selected them based on the reviews, and the intended use it to pick pin bones from salmon, grab the fish skin when skinning, picking out egg shell fragments, etc.

Here's a recent Seriouseats post on tweezers, which prompted me in the first place:

https://www.seriouseats.com/2017/09/equipment-editor-pick-kitchen-tweezer-love-letter.html

I used to have a regular tweezer dedicated to kitchen use - pulling pin feathers from chicken wings, bones from fish etc. But they disappeared awhile ago. Been using a paper towel to pull with but fingers aren’t as nimble as they used to be. I will be going to Dollar Tree to pick up another. I have several size regular tongs for cooking. I will be buying bamboo tongs for using to fish stuck toast out of the toaster. People in my house keep using the butter knife!:ohmy: Someone is going to zap themselves or break the toaster.

I found a wooden pair at a kitchen store, They were selling as toast tongs. I use for fishing out the bagels in the toaster, for taking our bay leaves in things. They are 8 inches long. Handy item.

I used to have a regular tweezer dedicated to kitchen use - pulling pin feathers from chicken wings, bones from fish etc. But they disappeared awhile ago. Been using a paper towel to pull with but fingers aren’t as nimble as they used to be. I will be going to Dollar Tree to pick up another. I have several size regular tongs for cooking. I will be buying bamboo tongs for using to fish stuck toast out of the toaster. People in my house keep using the butter knife!:ohmy: Someone is going to zap themselves or break the toaster.

An inexpensive pair of needle nose pliers works great on fish bones.

I have used DH's pliers for removing bones from a filet of fish. I bought a SS tweezers a couple years ago, to use for planting seeds. I've never needed them in the kitchen. I have two pairs of tongs and a magnetized telescoping thing, to pull canning lids out of hot water.
A kitchen tweezers...I guess I just never needed them.

Back
Top Bottom