FoodSaver - my experience.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I do buy another one, I'll register the warrenty this time and take advantage of it when the new one breaks after a few uses, if that happens again.

I can appreciate your hard feelings. However, in California and I presume many/most/all states you are not required to register product warranties. You should save your purchase receipt and the warranty included in the product, and then contact the manufacturer if you have any warranty claim, so they can furnish you with details about getting a repair or replacement.

Is this product the same or a competing brand of "Seal a Meal?" And if so is one product better than the other? I'd like try one of these some day...

Wow! That looks like top quality equipment. In what ways will this be used that differ from a "Food Saver"?

Last year you got a Sous Vide Supreme with your refund. How will this sealer play into using that cooking method in particular?

Last edited:
Oh my! That is insane Rob...

I love the "First oil change is due after 25 hours of use or after 3000 bags at 30 seconds vacuum time."

I used my black and decker sealer this morning to package steaks individually for the youngin. Worked like a charm. :)

I have a Seal-a-Meal brand vacuum sealer that I got cheap at BigLots, it works great.

I only use it when doing a bunch of meat for the freezer, when I've hit a good deal, not for the occasional thing here or there. I've found that meat, even after a year in the freezer, still tastes great and the texture hasn't suffered from being frozen.

I like using the premade bags where you just need to make one seal at the top. Amazon sells the bags in bulk at pretty good prices.

I have a Seal-a-Meal brand vacuum sealer that I got cheap at BigLots, it works great.

I only use it when doing a bunch of meat for the freezer, when I've hit a good deal, not for the occasional thing here or there. I've found that meat, even after a year in the freezer, still tastes great and the texture hasn't suffered from being frozen.

I like using the premade bags where you just need to make one seal at the top. Amazon sells the bags in bulk at pretty good prices.
Just bought three 8" X 50' rolls of ARY vacuum storage bag material from Pleasant Hill Grain for $11.99 per roll.

Back
Top Bottom