Glad Press 'n Seal wrap does anyone use it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do not like Press & Seal. I tend to wrap things for storage with hands that are slightly damp from washing, and didn't get a good seal. Do like Glad Cling Wrap because of the packaging. Makes it easier to use. Different wraps for different purposes. Aluminum foil onlly for cooking. For storage I like to be able to see what's inside. Use a lot of seal baggies in several sizes: sandwich, quart, gallon, and two gallon.

I like it but only use it to store food in the freezer. We live about 25 miles from the nearest full-service grocery store and I shop every two weeks. Because of that, I shop the sales and buy in some quantity. It's only the two of us here, so a pound of good quality bacon lasts a while. I divide the bacon into breakfast-sized portions and seal in Press 'n Seal, then pop the whole pound into a zipper lock bag. Do the same thing with pork chops, chicken breasts, etc.

I don't particularly care for using it in the refrigerator because, as others have noted, once it's been "unstuck" it doesn't lend itself to resealing. I'm just a good old Tupperware girl and use that most of the time.

Katie E said:
It's only the two of us here, so a pound of good quality bacon lasts a while. I divide the bacon into breakfast-sized portions and seal in Press 'n Seal, then pop the whole pound into a zipper lock bag. Do the same thing with pork chops, chicken breasts, etc.

I do the same thing with regular plastic wrap. IMO, P and S is too $$ and at least I tend to find that I waste a lot of it because of the size of the roll. I haven't found it to be any better in performance than plastic wrap.

Why do you use Press and Seal? You must like it better, eh?

I do like it better for my purposes. I get a better seal for the freezer. I compare it to a ravioli seal. I can press out most or all of the air around the piece of food and then press the open space down to securely seal.

I also have regular plastic wrap that I use for more "disposable" reasons. I'm very careful how I tear off the Press 'n Seal and can usually have a roll last 6 months or more. I've been using it since it came out and I have only bought about 3, maybe 4, rolls. I'm also a cheap, most would say frugal, shopper and try to use a coupon (doubled) when I buy it.

Back
Top Bottom