Hario Skerton & Kyocera ceramic conical burr Coffee Grinders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chubbs

Cook
Who has them?I seen a detailed vid comparing them,their is practically no difference at all besides color of loaders.The only drawback to these grinders,they only do fines with precision out of the box.It grinds inconsistently as they go med-coarse.This kit does reverse.
OE Lower Bearing UPGRADE KIT for Hario Skerton / Kyocera CM50 Hand Grinders
I'd rather use fine grinds,so this doesn't bother me.I never grounded coffee beans.They seem tough.So besides coffee beans,pepper & salt,I wonder what else it could grind.
I thought about grinding these.
Red,blue,purple/black corn.Probably need a mill for those:(
Quinoa.Should shred right through this grain.
Forbidden rice & few others.It may.
Teff.It is the smallest grain in the world.About 100 grains are the size of a kernel of wheat:ohmy:.Teff should be no problem.
Cinnamon,ultimate test probably.
Main purpose for me getting a grinder is for beans.But if it can grind more then beans & a few spices,heck yeah!I'd rather have a manual over electric,personal preference.These grinders are $36-40,not bad for a ceramic conical burr.

I have a Krups coffee grinder that is dedicated to grind spices, etc. I no longer do coffee, but used to use a Braun coffee grinder for coffee beans.

The problem I foresee with quinoa is the need to rinse it before cooking. If you can get rinsed quinoa, it should be fairly easy to grind. I have ground dal to make dal flour for dal pancakes using my coffee grinder.

I have been thinking about grinding rice for rice flour...haven't don it yet.

Cinnamon works well.

I'm just avoiding electric grinders for now.Cheap ones aren't conical burr type,heat up the product,& will most likely be short lived.I have yet to find quinoa that is not pre rinsed in my area.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom